Solved

Why does the SecureWeb browser crash every time I try to access the menu (three dots)?

• 28 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
OK, here it is: After almost two years of enjoying WSA complete on my PC and Two different Android phones (both Motorolas), I am haveing an issue that I have not found addressed on the boards or any place else. Starting anout a mon th ago, when ever I try to access the password vault in SecureWeb (tapping the three dots to drop the menu down), I get the message that it has stopped working, with a choice of "OK" or "Report". After getting the advice to re-install WSA complete Mobile, and doing so, the menu was accessed succesfully ONE TIME. Deleted the entire mobile program again and re-installed again. AGAIN was able to get to the vault once. The password manager and mobile protection is a BIG reason for me choosing the "Complete" version. Please help, before I decide not to renew. Thanks, Greg
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 28 December 2016, 16:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Greg,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with SecureWeb. I also have WSA Complete and I found on my Android (Samsung) that SecureWeb was crashing. I uninstalled SecureWeb and reinstalled from the Googke Play Store. That ended the crashes.

Let me ping @ and see if she can advise further. OR...

Please Submit a Support Ticket and they can address this for you.This is na FREE service with your Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
What version of the browser are you using?  This issue should be fixed in 4.0.  To find the version number, use the menu (three dots in the upper right corner of the browser app) and go to "about".
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Crashing solved by removing all of the WebRoot software from my phone, and Then installing the "free" version instead of "complete", THEN installing the browser seperately.--->> BUIT, now a new issue; does not crash, and I can get to the vault, but tapping "autofill" has NO effect. Co not use password manager as intended, because it does not auto fill. ScureWeb browser is version 4.0.0.7768
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi GregoryJ

Please have a look here http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1275/Using-Password-Management
 and here https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/android/SecureWeb/passwords.htm

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thanks, but no help. I was less than accurate in saying it does "nothing" when I tap Autofill; it actually does recognize the site, but then when tapping/choosing the site, nothing further happens. IE, all operates like expected, but login and PW fields remain empty on the site in question. I have a ticket going on this, and response there says that they are aware of this and it will be fixed in next update. We shall see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your Welcome! And thank you so much for the update.