websecurity and kindle fire

• 1 October 2015
  • 3 replies

When I try to activate web security on my kindle fire, I get the message that web security is not compatible with my device. I downloaded the webroot app from amazon so it should work on my kindle. Has anyone gad this experience?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

The last I knew a majority of WSA was compatible with Amazon Fire devices, though with some limitation as discussed in this KB Article.  

If what you are seeing is that it is not working at all, I would suggest you submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take a look.  It could always be something simple or something a bit more complex like the most recent version of WSA Mobile having a change in code OR an unknown change in the Fire version of Android.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Looks like ? had this covered?

Please refer to these instructions below..

Webroot SecureAnywhere supports Amazon Kindle Fire® devices.  To install the SecureAnywhere free version on your Kindle Fire®, follow the instructions below.

If you have already paid for a Webroot subscription and would like to install it, click here for instructions.

If you have not yet used the App Store, you may be asked to enter your credit card information to allow "One-Touch Purchasing." You will not be charged for the Webroot Mobile app
  1. Turn on your Kindle Fire®.  
  2. From the Home screen, tap Apps, then tap Store. The App Store opens  
  3. Tap the search box. Enter "Webroot" and tap Search.  
  4. Locate the search result "Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile". This is a free app.  
  5. Download the app. Once installed, it will be placed in your Apps library.  
  6. To launch an application, tap the Webroot icon in the Apps library, Carousel, or Favorites. You can now use the Webroot app. Tap the display to hide it when you’re done. 
Kind Regards,
Thank you for replying. I have enabled webroot as a device administrator on my Kindle fire's settings, but the web browsing security feature still shows as incompatible with my device. The anti-virus feature works fine though. I submitted a trouble ticket as you suggested. Thanks again.