Download Backup & Sync to Apple Ipad

• 26 March 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Just renewed my subscription to Webroot Secure Anywhere for 5 devices. Besides my laptop i have an Apple Ipad. Tried to download Backup and Sync to my Ipad thru the App Store. Found the Backup & Sync page and tapped INSTALL, but then its asking me give my visa card details. Surely I do not have to pay again to download to my Ipad. My subscription was renewed 12 March 17. Many thanks for all comments.

Cheers

Paul.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi spudgun

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask as to which WSA version you are subscribed to? This is because Secure Web Browsing can be used without a subscription, but the Password Management feature can only be used with a SecureAnywhere Complete or a SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus subscription.

However, you can only use the Backup & Sync app if you have a Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete subscription.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick,

Here is the copy of my receipt from Webroot.

Order Summary QTY ITEM PRICE TAX
1Webroot SecureAnywhere® Internet Security Complete 5 Device 15 Month RenewalProduct keycode: <keycode snipped for reason of privacy, etc.>

Windows® 10 Compatible
$79.99 $0.00

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Paul.
Userlevel 7
Hi spudgun

Well, that looks OK. Just to make sure that you are following the right process I have detailed below the standard instructions for the downloading of Backup & Sync:

To download the Backup & Sync app:
  1. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now to begin creating the account.
  2. Open the App Store on your device and search for “Webroot Backup & Sync.” Tap to install the app.Alternately, you can download and install the SecureWeb app from iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webroot-securesync/id478387339?mt=8
  3. Enter your Apple ID password.The Backup & Sync app opens and installs on your device. Once installed, you will see the Webroot Backup & Sync icon on your Home panel. Tap this icon to open the app.
  4. For more information about using Backup & Sync functions, see Webroot Backup & Sync for Apple Mobile Device Help.
Try or check that you are doing/following the above, and see if that helps. If that does not help then I would Open a Support Ticket to ask the Support  Team to investigate what is happening as I cannot see why you would be being asked for your card details given that you have renewed.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick,

That is the exact information I used.

Paul.
Userlevel 7
OK then, looks like you need to open that support ticket to get the Support Team to take a look at what is happening/what is causing this...unless one of our most excellent Apple Gurus @ has any ideas or alternative approaches that may help here. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I just looked at the Apple Store by typing in Webroot Backup & Sync and it was available. I'm not sure what else you can do except to submit a Support Ticket as @ has suggested.

I have Webroot Complete too and I have Backup & Sync on my iPad which I downloaded from the Apple Store and when I click on the link in Baldrick's reply and B&S is listed and I have no trouble installing.

I do have an idea though. Please sign into your Account Account Console and click on yoiur email address in the upper right hand corner and select Manage Users and make sure you have yourself listed as Adminstrator and that your Permissions are all set to Access in Password Manager/Backup & Sync and Mobile Security. Then sign out and try toi install Back uop & Sync again.

Please let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 1
Hi Sherry,

I checked out your idea and found that I had not changed Password & Mobile Security to Access. Also I put my User name as Administrator. I then logged out and tried to download BU & S to my Ipad. Got the same results as before. I tap BU & S install and a Page pops up and asks for Verification Required then Continue. Then the Account page comes up requesting I put in my Visa card details. I am reluctant to put in card details as I dont want to pay more money for something I have already purchased.
If you cant find a solution, no big deal, I will just use the BU & S on my laptop.

Many thanks, it is very much appreciated.

Paul.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Paul,

This is very odd. Webroot shouldn't be asking you for your credit card information. I'd be reluctant too. Please Submit a Support ticket. This is a free service with a Webroot subscription. 

The only program that asks for a credit card is the Apple iPad needs this information for the Apple Store and to set up iTunes. So I'm not sure if that's what's going on here.

I am sorry I do not have another solution for you.. But the Support Team can certainly resolve this for you.

Userlevel 7
Hi spudgun

As that has not helped I would Open a Support Ticket to ask the Support  Team to investigate what is happening as I cannot see why you would be being asked for your card details given that you have renewed.

Regards, Baldrick