Solved

Hi, I am attempting to get my iOS pictures and video's to sync with the cloud storage.

• 4 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I have loaded the 'Backup&Sync app.
  I have manually uploaded (backed up) many pictures and manually downloaded them to my pc, but...
  I have not been able to uploade (back up) videos, they don't show up in the list, and so...
I would like to SYNC photo's & videos from this device, automatically like my desktop computer does, but I cannot figure out how.

Can someone help?  Illuminate what I'm doing wrong?  Is it a technical issue (something Im not doing) or am I just confused?

I am on iOS 9.3.5 and will not be going any further as I've been obsolessed with 10.
  --Karl.

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 4 October 2016, 02:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

I will ping our Mac Experts so they can help you! ? ?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello KDBambergr,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

i have Backup & Sync on my iOS 10.  My Folders are synced to the Cloud.

When iI open up Backup & Sync I have to sign into my account with my Email and Password. Then I see this  below. But if you need Help. Click in the upper right hand corner for Settings, click on Help and it will tell you everything you need to know. Or look here.

?

Then at the bottom of this screen you will see Files, Photos, Uploads Downloads
I click on Uploads.  Please read here how to Upload and synchronize to your Online Account Console. Also read here
?
Hope this helps? If you need more help then you can always Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist. This is a free service with your Webroot susbscription.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@ wrote:
I have loaded the 'Backup&Sync app.
  I have manually uploaded (backed up) many pictures and manually downloaded them to my pc, but...
  I have not been able to uploade (back up) videos, they don't show up in the list, and so...

When you go to "upload existing media", no videos show up.  This is unfortunately a current limitation of this feature.  You can record a video to upload from this page, but not an existing video.

If you have an iPad, there is a work around.  (You can also use this on an iPhone, but it will be harder since it is not optimized for that screen size.)  Login to my.webrootanywhere.com and go to the Backup section.  From there you can upload selected files from your photos/videos.