Mobile keycodes

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I'm not finding my exact problem in the subjects. Our webroot for our pcs has been renewed and updated with no problems. Now, I'm getting notices that there is only one day to renew it on our Amazon Fires. When I tried to replace the keycode with the new one, it tells me that the keycode has already been registered. Yes, it was registered; on the pcs (two of them). I'm lost. The person who does all this for me is now on vacation, and I haven't a clue what to do. I found the keycode screen on my Fire by randomly pushing buttons, and now, I don't even remember how I did that.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi RockHermit

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I believe that you need the services of one of our resident Android Gurus @ ;)

I have pinged her for you and hopefully she will appear (magically) to try to rescue you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thank you so much.
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, RockHermit...that is one of the reasons we are here. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi RockHermit,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I have a Kindle Fire running Webroot and what I did to put in new keycode was to open Webroot and up in the right hand corner are 3 white buttons. Tap it and then you will see Register. Click on Activate and a box will open to put in your keycode and click Activate and follow the promps.

Please try that and let me know how it goes ok?

Thank you @
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
When I click on the three dots, the choices I'm given are General Settings, Change Password, Register, About, and Uninstall. I wonder if it's because I already have a copy of Webroot running with a couple of days left on it. I don't know how to get around that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi RockHermit,

Did you click on Register?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I just did. What I get is a box with my email address and the keycode that expires tomorrow. There are no dots up in the corner, and I can't click on anything on the page. Information only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I am not sure why you cannot put in a new keycode when you select Register which there should be a box below your email and keycode that saids Activate? Do you not have this option?

If you need more assistance then you can always Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge and they will certainly have you up and running in no time and even give you your 2 days left on your old subscription and add it to your new subscription.

Or you can even call..

Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Sorry I wasn't able to assist you more...
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I'll try a support ticket. Thank you for the link. I really appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome!

Please let us know how things turned out if you get a chance!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
GOT IT!  It was so simple when customer support told me how. I had to uninstall Webroot completely from my Kindle Fire, then reinstall the free app from the app store. After that, it was just like installing it for the first time. I used my account information that I already have to set up a new account, and after I typed in the new keycode, it was done. I did have to install the backup and sync and one other program, but it prompted me to do that. Easy as pie. I think the whole problem was the new keycode.

Thank you for all your help. I wouldn't have known where to look if it hadn't been for you. Now, I'm good for a fifth year of Webroot and not a single virus in all that time. Love this product.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome RockHermit,

Sorry I didn't tell you to uninstall/rfeinstall because that usually fixes Webroot mobile. But anyways....

I'm thrilled that everything is working for you like it should.

Thank you for letting us know!

Have a great night!:D