2 computers listed, 1 infected, other not. Only have 1 computer.

• 6 September 2016
  • 2 replies

I have 1 computer. Updated from Win7 to Windows10 in June..2016. 
2 computers listed in my Webroot System and one shows Infected. I only have one computer.
I can not tell which computer came first, Infected one or the Non-infected one.
How do I get rid of the extra computer and get rid of the Infection?

The virus scan will not work correctly on my system It scans to about 92%, flashed infected page for 1/10 of a second and then the Webroot system closes down.

I find that Webroot is too dificult for me to handle. Please help me everyone.

2 replies

2 computers listed, 1 infected, other not. Only have 1 computer. 
I have 1 computer. Updated from Win7 to Windows10 in June..2016. 
2 computers listed in my Webroot System and one shows Infected. I only have one computer.
I can not tell which computer came first, Infected one or the Non-infected one.
How do I get rid of the extra computer and get rid of the Infection?

The virus scan will not work correctly on my system It scans to about 92%, flashed infected page for 1/10 of a second and then the Webroot system closes down.

I find that Webroot is too dificult for me to handle. Please help me everyone.
Userlevel 7
Hi Richard1948

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This does occassionally happen especially after an upgrade. What you need to do in terms of the listed computer you no longer want/need is to deactivate it. To do this please refer to the instructions provided in this KB Article.

As to how you work out which one is the one that you need to deactivate...well what I do in these circumstances is to check as to the last scan date logged against each list computer and usually the one with the oldest scan date is the one to deactivate. If unsure about that then the next thing to do is to run a manual scan with WSA, wait for 30 minutes or so and then check the last scan date & time against each listed PC...the current active/used one should be much more noticable.

Then deactivate the other using the istructions provided in the link above.

Now, in terms of what yo are saying about the scan, etc., I would recommend that before you atempt the above you try an uninstall/clean reinstall of WSA as you may have a faulty installation. This is quick and easy to do and if you would like to try this then please follow the istruction below carefully:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Now try scanning again and if that finish successfully, i.e  does not exhibit the behaviour you reported you can then process to the duplicate PC deactivation.

Hope that helps, but if not post back either way to let us know and we can look to assist further.

Regards, Baldrick