Solved

Activating new key code

• 26 November 2012
  • 27 replies

I just bought a renewal subscription for my PC, I went to "My Account" and clicked activate a new keycode. I placed the new key listed in the email sent to me and hit activate.. but received an error message saying the kay has expired.
How is that possible? Please help, I am unsure what I am doing wrong

Thanks
icon

Best answer by MikeR 26 November 2012, 17:32

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Can you please Send me a Private Message with the new keycode and any email addresses you may have used so I can take a look for you?
Userlevel 7
Please let me know if you need further assistance, closing this thread out unless you need more help! 😉
I need a new key code,i took off the label it tore, now I caint make out the numbers and letters
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I need a new key code,i took off the label it tore, now I caint make out the numbers and letters
Was this a Best Buy purchase?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Welcome badboy1636..Welcome to the Coummunity Forum. Hopefully we can set you up with some information. We need some more infor from you please!;)

You could call
1.800.Geeksquad if you Purchased from BestBuy!
Userlevel 7
Hi badboy1636

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If this was a Best Buy purchase then is the keycode not printed on your receipt?

Regards

Baldrick
I bought this today @bestbuy need a new code number. Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Thank You badboy1636 for letting us know! Please come back and browse the Community whenever you want to have fun and learn with us!:D
How many numbers are the code.its shows group a b c 3 different codes
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
How many numbers are the code.its shows group a b c 3 different codes
Hi badboy there should be 20 digits of groups of 4.. Ok?:D
How many numbers are in the code?
No where on the receipt has such numbers. Can the code be changed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
How many numbers are in the code?
Hello badboy1636, There's numbers and letters and it should be 20 digits in the code.

Let me know if this helped out or not..

EDIT: I don't believe the code would be on the receipt. Your best bet is to call Best Buy/Geek Squad and explain to them about the code being torn off and then you'll probably have to return the product for another Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
No where on the receipt has such numbers. Can the code be changed?
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best to take it back to the store and get it replaced.

Keycode Example: SDRE-HD24-5656-GHT7-FFG4

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

Welcome to the community badboy1636!

Hope you have contacted Best Buy as advised and resolved your keycode issue.

If you gave Best Buy your email address when you purchased your Webroot, they do send you an email with your keycode.

They can resolve it on the phone as well 1-800-433-5778, you will need your receipt.

Please do join us here in the community often and share your experiences!

Beth
i CANNOT READ THE CODE FOR MY SOFTWEAR AS IT WAS FADED WHEN I TOOK THE LABEL OFF.
LAURA
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
i CANNOT READ THE CODE FOR MY SOFTWEAR AS IT WAS FADED WHEN I TOOK THE LABEL OFF.
LAURA
Welcome to the community!

If you gave Best Buy your email at the time of purchase, they may have sent you an email with your jeycode. If you return to the store or call them, they will be able to get you your keycode.

Here is a link for Best Buy information. The number for Geek Squad is 1-800-433-5778

Please do come back often and share your experiences!

Beth
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
LAURA
Hello lmlong37 and welcome to the community!

If you gave Best Buy your email at the time of purchase, they may have sent you an email with your keycode.
If you return to the stor or call them, they will be able to hive you your keycode. Their number is 1-800-433-5778.

Here is a link to Best Buy/Geek Squad information

Please do come back often and share your experiences!

Beth

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
LAURA
Welcome imlong37 to the Community Forum! :D

Sorry for this inconvience. May I ask you where you purchased the WSA? If it was Best Buy or Walmart you can simply return for a replacement or if purchased by Best Buy you can call them 1-800-433-5778 and they can resolve this for you. But wherever you purchased it,do you have a receipt?

Regards
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
LAURA
Hi Laura!

Hmmmmn my post from about 8:30 seems to have disappeared!

So let me welcome you again!

Beth
HAI SOR,
I BROUGHT THIS@BESTBUY,I NEED A NEW CODE AS I WAS TRING TO TOOK OFF THE LABEL IT TORE,SO NOW I CAN'T SEE THE NUMBERS PROPERLY.PLZ HELP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ROHIT,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

All you need to do is call Best But and let them know you were unpacking your Webroot product and you tore the keycode and they can look up your keycode for you in there system. Do you have the receipt? You could also return the product for a new Webroot DVD. Call Geek Squad at 1-800-GeekSquad or call the store in your area and they can help you.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
REINSTALL
WHERE DO I GO TO REINSTILL WEBROOT
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Here are the links and if you need to do a clean reinstall!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉