Solved

Add Password Manager

• 11 January 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I have the gamer's version with 248 days left..how to i upgrade for password manager..when i try and upgrade it just offers me a yesr extension of what i have already?:@
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 11 January 2015, 02:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ttomm46

I believe that the Gamer version is a 'distinct' product when compared to the other WSA versions and as such there is currently no upgrade path.  However, I am not sure so am wondering if iether @ @ or @ might be able to shed some light re. this question.

I will try to do some research this eveing and if I can find out anything definitive then I will post back here.

Regards, Baldrick
The gamer version is considered a separate app branch. Baldrick above is right.

Maybe support can help you out or something with upgrading your license key and pro-rating it or something. Dunno.

You'd need to uninstall the gamer version and install the other version of WSA also.

Side note: Why not just grab LastPass. WSA is using a rebranded version of Last Pass. LastPass is free for managing passwords. The premium version offers more features (yubikey for 2FA, mobile app, etc), but it's pretty cheap and I use that.

https://lastpass.com/features_premium.php
Userlevel 7
Hi ttomm46

I think that the best thing is to wait until @ can respond and can advise as to what options you have if any...he may be able to also speak directly to the HQ Sales Team to see if you have any options there.

And for information...whilst it is indeed true that WSA's Password Manager is a rebranded version of LastPass...I believe that Webroot is moving away from that and is working on an in-house PAssword Manager of their own...nothing definitive on that but there have been rumours recently.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's best to call Webroot Sales on Monday and they will get you sorted! http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
I will thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah the gamer version won't allow password manager.  Best bet is to call in and see if they can credit your remaining time on the gamer product towards the complete version.