Antivirus compatible with webroot

• 8 June 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +14
 hi
I am running Webroot antivirus along with Ikarus Antivirus...but i my window 8.1 is slow down...Is webroot not compatible with it...
Any sugeestion to exculde any process so that i can run both ????????

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

While Webroot is compatible with most antivirus programs, I have not heard of Ikarus Antivirus and I am unsure if it would run alongside Webroot.

First, to run SecureAnywhere and another antivirus (AV) program concurrently, we recommend installing the non-Webroot program first. After doing so, install SecureAnywhere. Due to the differences in the way traditional antivirus products function vs. SecureAnywhere’s approach, installing SecureAnywhere last can ensure that your programs play well together.

In addition, you may need to whitelist SecureAnywhere executables in your other AV product, as some third party programs may mistakenly monitor SecureAnywhere as a potential threat. Depending on the other AV you are using, the settings will vary. Below are some guidelines for whitelisting SecureAnywhere in different types of AV solutions.

1. Exclude WRSA.exe from third party antivirus scans.
2. Exclude WRSA.exe from third party real-time scans/modules.
3. Add/Trust/Allow WRSA.exe in Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)/Behavior Blocker/Sandbox functions.
4. Add/Trust/Allow WRSA.exe in your third party firewall.

If this does not work for you, I would advise contacting our support team and they can help you resolve this.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if there is anything further I can do to assist.

Best Regards,