Solved

Apple Bug

TV said there was a new but out there to attack the apple computers.  Do we need to do anything?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 5 June 2015, 04:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

What have you heard? There has been a few that I am aware of and that's the Adobe Flash Player being blocked and updated for vulnerbilities. Then I heard of iMessage and the Apple Watch and there is the latest Firmware Bug in OSX Could Allow Installation of Low-Level Rootkits

But I can ping our Mac Threat Researcher to see if he has anymore information for us here @?

I wouldn't get too worried as you have Webroot and Webroot free support if you have any issues yourself.

I have a Mac and I'm always careful with what I download and I make sure I only download form the direct website and I keep my Mac updated and let Webroot do it's job and of course I wait for Apple to fix the Mac with updates and patches like they have been doing the past year.

This is a good question though but I'm sure Webroot is on top of Apple Mac threats on their end.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
hello hasa2903clinton,
I believe what you are refering to is the exploit that happens when a mac goes to sleep.  The exploit isnt anything that an Antivirus company can help with.  This is a security flaw in the OS, but rest assured that Apple will have a security patch pushed for it ASAP.  They are really good about fixing issues and usually do so without the user even being aware.  Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more mac threat questions.
Regards,

Thank you for the excellent answer. I also am very careful about going to websites an downloading files. Have a nice day.

I expect when they get a fix for the OS my computer will update automaticly without any help from me?
Sam
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

Mac should update automatically if you have your Mac set up that way. Sometimes I will just check the Apple Store and check for updates manually just to be sure. But that's me.

Kind Regards,