Solved

Blocked Registry Files, How to Get Them Back?

• 28 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I received a series of block/allow messages for files such as this: "REGISTRYMACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ServicesVSSDiagRegistry Writer" saying "This file is trying to install itself every time the computer turns on" and was unsure what they were so I blocked thinking I could simply allow them if they caused a problem. I've read that these are legitimate files and I believe the block is causing issues with my SD drive trying to format everything, but I can't find these files in the block/allow settings in Webroot. Any help would be appreciated
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 28 January 2018, 23:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello rcoz26, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Sorry to hear you're having problems with some files. Please check the Quarantine to see if the file are there.
If they are not there please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello @ please do as ProTruckDriver has suggested and also more info on this Bug that was supposed to be fixed: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/False-positive/td-p/281076 Also WSA cannot remove those detections so no worries there.
Ok thanks, I will do the support ticket, but are you saying that I need to reinstall WSA? And if these registry files are not deleted, why can I not find them in their corresponding file locations? My main concern here is that my SD card drive keeps asking to format cards and I read that this can be a result of missing files in windows
Userlevel 7
When you send your Support Ticket a log will be sent automatically to Support. They will tell you exactly what to do to fix the problem. 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks, @!