Bought a new keycode but Webroot still says expired.

• 17 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I recently bought a new keycode instead of renewing the old one and it works fine but my Webroot secure anywhere on my taskbar still shows the old one that is expired instead of the new one except when I scan my computer it say shows the new one. My question is how can I get it to show the new one instead of the old one?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello stefan567,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

Can you tell me what Webroot version you have in your taskbar by hooving over Webroots icon? You should have Webroot v9.0.18.44.
 If you are having issues you can always uninstall/reinstall Webroot with your new keycode. That should resolve your issues.
Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks
never mind I went on pc security under my account deleted the expired one uninstalled and reinstalled webroot
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great stefan567!:D

Thank you for letting us know that all is good to go now!