Solved

Bug report: Webroot Antivirus blocks Paint.NET

• 30 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Webroot is restricting access to AppData folder, thus causing Paint.NET application to crash after start.

Turning protection off, Paint.NET is working flawlessly.

In this post there are further infos from other users: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111936-desktop-and-app-version-constantly-crashing-screen-shots/

Using latest version from both software. OS: Windows 10 with Creators Update.

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 31 October 2017, 00:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Webroot is aware of the issue with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and working on it as we speak. Some other Apps are being affected as well. If you like you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it for you.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Well, that is very interesting...I have tried this on both of my systesm; 32 & 64bit and neither of them displays this issue. It will be interesitng to see what the Support Team come up with as the cause of this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Well, that is very interesting...I have tried this on both of my systesm; 32 & 64bit and neither of them displays this issue. It will be interesitng to see what the Support Team come up with as the cause of this.
Another odd issue if it's working fine for you on 2 systems. Are you using the same version as the OP?
Userlevel 7
Yes, as far as I know I am...but will double check.