Can Webroot scan e-mails from Gmail in Chrome, that were received before Webroot was installed?

• 7 September 2016
  • 2 replies

If so can you explain the process?

My system loading and response time are getting longer and longer. This has happened on 3 different computers, all Windows 10, tried reloading Chrome, using other browsers and even a Mac. Same problem, although the Mac seems to be effected differently.

The only common link is Gmail on Chrome and I wouldlike to scan all my e-mails in Chrome, not just incoming emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2 replies

Hello woloschin,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Webroot does not contain an email scanner, but you are still protected by Webroot's Real-Time Shields. Should you click on a malicious link or attachment Webroot will alert you immediately and go about disinfecting your system. Since email are usually not stored locally on your computer, I'm not really sure how you'd go about scanning them. Usually your email provider will scan email to determine spam, etc.

Hope this info helps,:)

BD

Userlevel 7
Hi woloschin

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Just to add to what BD has advised...if I may...if you already have malware resident on your system as a result of clicking a link in an email priormto installing WSA then it should find that malware during the first scan that is done at installation time...if the malware is active.

Having said that it is always easier for an AV/AM/IS applcaition to prevent rather than cure and that is true of WSA as it is of most if not all other AM/AV/IS applications.

Regards, Baldrick