5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello adtechsystems, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Please see this KB Article. 

HTH,
Dave 😉
Hi adtechsystems,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

If I'm not mistaken, the Access Control password (not the Web Console password) can only be reset by support.

Please submit a trouble ticket. Or call them directly 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT.

Thanks,
BD
Userlevel 7
If you have forgotten the password you used to protect your SecureAnywhere software, you can remove this setting in
Safe Mode, a special diagnostic mode of Windows.

For instructions on booting into Safe Mode

After starting your computer in Safe Mode, change your password protection settings.
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Programs or All Programs, then navigate to the Webroot SecureAnywhere program.
3. Click Advanced Settings.
4. In the Settings panel, click Access Control.
5. Uncheck "Enable Password Protection" or change your password in the password fields.

Restart your computer. It will start in Normal Mode automatically, and the password settings will be changed.
@ wrote:
If you have forgotten the password you used to protect your SecureAnywhere software, you can remove this setting in
Safe Mode, a special diagnostic mode of Windows.

For instructions on booting into Safe Mode

After starting your computer in Safe Mode, change your password protection settings.
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Programs or All Programs, then navigate to the Webroot SecureAnywhere program.
3. Click Advanced Settings.
4. In the Settings panel, click Access Control.
5. Uncheck "Enable Password Protection" or change your password in the password fields.

Restart your computer. It will start in Normal Mode automatically, and the password settings will be changed.
Thanks for posting, JP. I didn't know this. We always referred them to support in the past. Or so I thought?

Will bookmark for future reference.

Cheers,
BD
Userlevel 7
Yep, Safe mode works! Coming from Support, this one came up quite often from time to time.
Just remember to stress to press the "SAVE" button after unchecking the box :manlol: Can't remember how many people called back saying they had already tried and it "didn't work".