Did You Know?

New Voice
SHJordan
Accepted Solution

Can't Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere on windows 8

I've tried the solution found on this forum, problem is... i don't have it on my controle panel [appwiz.cpl] nor a "uninstall" shortcut... can you guys help me?

I know there is a command for uninstall it... at the present moment i've tried this one as i'm on a x64 machine:

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall

and it only bring me the wrsa window again... so i might be doing something wrong. Care to teach me?

BTW, my wrsa is NOT password protected... so... hopefully it'll be much less painful to remove it.

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970
Kudos: 1,585
Solutions: 187

Re: Can't Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere on windows 8

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Forms SHJordan!

Do you have access to the MyWebroot Account Console?  If you do, you might try logging in there and deactivating the computer.  

• Go to PC Security tab
  • Click on the computer if it is listed
  • Go to Advanced Options tab
  • Click Deactivate Computer.

Here is a screen shot of that panel:

Deactivate

After you Deactivate the computer, reboot the computer.  This is supposed to send a signal to the computer to remove WSA.

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
New Voice
SHJordan

Actually i just registered on the website, and i reallly can't login... =\ I tried to recover my password and it give me this errror:

Erro (UPW003): O seu pedido de reposição de palavra-chave não pode ser processado uma vez que as suas informações não coincidem.

Can you help me?
Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

You said that you just registered.. did you receive the email to confirm the Account activation?  You must follow the directions in that email in order to finish activating the Account portal.  The system will not let you log in until after you have done this.

If you did not receive the email to confirm the registration, there might have been a delay in activating it or you might have mis-spelled your email address when registering.  If this is the case, you might want to Submit a Trouble Ticket

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
New Voice
SHJordan

I did not received, and i even checked the spam folder =\
Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

You might want to submit a Trouble Ticket as I noted in the last reply.  I do not think it will allow you to register again as the key code will be set for in use.  There might be either an issue in the registration, or the email address you used.  A support tech should be able to help resolve this.

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.
New Voice
SHJordan

Already did... =\ But still havent been attended.
Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

Don't worry, they will. Also, in a little while there should be a Webroot Mod or Admin logged in here who may be able to help assist with this as well.

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.
New Voice
SHJordan

Seems someone used my key i got on a giveaway already to register, is it possible to someone give me a 30 day key just for the sake of uninstalling it ?
Please use plain text.
JimM
Topics: 299
Kudos: 1,320
Solutions: 395

My apologies that this topic appears to have slipped under our radar. Looking at the related support case, it looks like you took care of this yourself with a Windows 8 refresh. It's good to hear the issue is resolved. :smileyhappy:
/// JimM ///
/// Former Community Manager - Now Humble Internet Citizen///
/// Also Formerly a Technical Support Escalations Engineer ///
Please use plain text.