Can't open WSA from Taskbar icon?

• 2 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
I defragmented my computer yesterday (Defraggler, and .exe file is ignored), for the first time since installing WSA (splash shows on startup, and lock for IE11)-
Now when I left click on Taskbar icon (always show), nothing happens?
I can right click/View Status, and I'm Protected.
I can't submit a ticket from GUI, because I can't open it?
What now?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi scottls59901

Well, if you can click 'View Status' and see that you are Protected then you should be seeing the main WRSA panel and therefore you should be able to click on the SUpport/Community tab & from their submit a support ticket. Alternatively you can submit one using THIS LINK.

However, you may also like to try an uninstall/clean re-install as that usually resolves this sort of issue. If you would like to then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
and then try the left click again. If this has not resolved the issue then open the support ticket so that the Support Team can investigate the issue for you.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I submitted a support ticket, as I don't want to go through trusting my programs/apps with a reinstall (took weeks!), and I feel I'd have the same issue after another defrag!?>
Userlevel 7
Hi scottls59901

I completely understand...the suggestion was just in case something such as you mention did not cause you an issue. YOu have taken the best course of action in your particular circumstances...just hope that the Support Team do not end up suggesting the same.

Please do post back what they suggest/do and whether it works for you or not.

Cheers, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
The Phone Support figured out the problem, and no reinstall is necessary!-
Before the defrag I Single left clicked to open the GUI.
After the defrag I had to Double left click! DUH :o)