Solved

Cannot remove spyware. Help.

Webroot found a threat that is called Mobile Tracker (com.sec.android.app.mt). When I try to remove it, it only says "cannot uninstall app". I have tried restarting the device and turning off wifi. What should I do? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by nic 2 May 2014, 22:52

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that, it's a false positive.  You can just click ignore for now, and our threat team will get that fixed soon.
Badge +5
I have found this on my mobile as well. Samsung galaxy 3.
What do we do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Click Ignore and we'll take care of it on our end.
Thanks, nic. As long as webroot is sure it's not a real threat, Im fine with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks, nic. As long as webroot is sure it's not a real threat, Im fine with it.
Sure thing - I double-checked with our support escalations guy and he had the documentation on it.
I can send the log if needed. Just let me know who to send it to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think we're ok - since it is a known issue, then they should already have what they need.  I'll ping you if that changes.
I'm getting the same message for Mobile Tracker (com.android.settings.mt). Is this also a false positive?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep, that's the same one.  You can click on Ignore.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello Nick,

We just found this (com.sec.android.app.mt) on a mo bile we just installed Webroot on.
I wonder why does this very old false positive still exist?
Could Webroot really take care of it on their end, please?

Btw, once we are back here after 2 years again,could you explain what this Android component (com.sec.android.app.mt) really does, please? According to your report, it can send SMS, MMS, make phone calls in the background, etc. that are very frightening for a user. So what does it really do?

This is still on my phone. I did a reset and no changes. I have the logs. Where can I email them?
I got the same alert last night. I just noted these posts are from 2014. I'm worried that if it is still around 2 years later that it is a real threat.
Userlevel 7
Hi Gyozok

Please see this current other thread about this 'issue'.

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +5
Although the mobile tracker message was 2 years ago it has comeback. Do I still ignore it.
Thanks Nigel
Userlevel 7
Hi Nigeleds

Based on what has been posted earlier in this very thread we are being told that this can inded be ignored and that the Support Team are working on a permanent fix.

Regards, Baldrick