Chrome Extension icon on links is missing

• 21 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Please see snapshot of webroot shield icon.  It is not displaying at all.  I have removed the extension and installed it via the chrome store but the same thing happens.  Any way to fix it?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bluesteam 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This does occur from time to time and can usually be fixed by a number of approaches. The first to try is double check the extension itself via the Chrome Extension page under Settings and make sure that it is enabled (may sound obvious but I have found this to be the problem in the past)

Then you can try just rebooting your system (again, I have experience of this working on the very few occasions I have run up against what you are describing).

If that does not work then you could try to uninstall/clean reinstall WRSA...let me know if you would like to do that and whether you need instructions on how to proceed...it is very easy to do. This also works in some cases.

And finally, for the very obstinate occasions the best thing to do, when all of the above have not helped, is to Open a SUpport Ticket to get the Support Team to investigate your particular instances of the issue.

Hope that helps in some way?

Regards, Baldrick
I have made sure its enabled.  I have rebooted my system and uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the chrome app store.

next i will have to uninstall WRSA...

Userlevel 7
Hi bluesteam

OK, perhaps a little bit of confusion here...by uninstall/reinstall I was referring to WRSA itself and not the extension.

Anyway, another avenue to explore is to see whether the extension is enable in WRSA itself. Do do that please follow the instructions below:

Click on 'Advanced Settings':

Then from the next panel (1) click on 'Firewall/Web Shield, then (2) check to see that all check boxes highlighted in the rectangle below are checked, especially 'Show safety ratings...' & then (3) click on 'Save', enter the CAPTCHA characters if so presented and then open Chrome again and try a search.

If that does not work then you can try the uninstall/clean reinstall (see instructions below). And finally if you are not happy to attempt that then the next option is to Open a Support Ticket as per the link and let the Support Team investigate this for you.

Instructions to uninstall/reinstall are as follows (please follow them closely):

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Now open up Chrome and just do what you did before if needs be to download and install the extension, etc.

I should point out at this juncture that the lack of the Extension tick/cross beside a search result does not compromise your security as they are really informational, and your are still extremely well protected by WRSA if they are not showing.

Well, hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick