Solved

Computer Startup Message

• 9 March 2015
  • 5 replies

I get message at startup: "Your PC MRI Anti-Malware  license has expired!" How do I discard it?  Webroot's great.  I don't want PC MRI Anti-Malware!
icon

Best answer by jgreenfield61 9 March 2015, 05:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

May I ask if this is a program that you already had installed?

Have you tried going to the Control  Panel and uninstalling the Program there?

1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
  2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.

See if this program is listed and if it is then you can uninstall it. If you cannot find the program listed then please come back and we will look for alternate solutions.

Kind Regards,

I had not installed that PC MRI program.  I never heard of it till it suddenly appeared a few weeks ago.  I did try what you suggested, but it's not in the list of installed programs! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi,

Well I've been doing a research on this program and have come up with this,

PC VITALWARE PC MRI Anti-Malware is a software program developed by PC VITALWARE. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The primary executable is named antivirus.exe. The setup package generally installs about 20 files and is usually about 191.46 MB (200,761,579 bytes).

This program claims it has an uninstaller. And you are saying it doesn't. Maybe you could use ccleaner to get rid of this program.

Finding this program in the start up ..might be a challenge using run/msconfig .

So the best advice I have not knowing if this is a PUA  that you submit a Support Ticket and they can look into this for you fee of charge with an active license.

Hope this helps somewhat,

Kind Regards,
That info was more than helpful!  I found the folder that contains the antivirus.exe program, and deleted the whole folder.  I then ran RegCure Pro which cleaned out 400+M of junk files - I don't know whether any of the junk files had anything to do with the antivirus.exe program.  Now when I start the computer, it starts up much faster than before and there aren't any messages from PC MRI Anti-Malware!  Thanks for your help.  How do I give you kudos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ 

Thats extremely great news! Glad we were able to help resolve this issue. :D

Come on back if you need anytng lse and if you just wat to browse and participate because we all are a friendly group here and enjoy helping others.

My kudos is your positive reply! Thanks!