Solved

Deactivated Computer Graveyard

• 20 November 2016
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
  • New Voice
  • 29 replies
I have been a Webroot user for many years and like all users I have had my share of different computers during that time. To my surprise I recently checked my online Webroot account and noticed that I have a total of 35 computers listed as "deactivated"! Some of those computers no longer exist, some have have been passed along and some just had their name changed years ago. My question/suggestion on this is: Why not automatically remove "deactivated" computers from the account after a given time, say one year? Is there a valid reason to keep "deactivated" computers in the account graveyard forever?:S
icon

Best answer by JP_ 21 November 2016, 16:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi DAF

That is a very good question to which I do not have the answer but perhaps @ or @ may know that one? If  not then the best thing to do is to Open a Support Ticket and get the Support Team to advise.

Then if you feel that there is merit in your suggestion of automatic removal after 1 year why not post such a request in the Feature Request forum here in the Community...other users will be able to comment on, and if they agree, then kudo the idea to show their support.

Regards, Baldrick
@ wrote:
I have been a Webroot user for many years and like all users I have had my share of different computers during that time. To my surprise I recently checked my online Webroot account and noticed that I have a total of 35 computers listed as "deactivated"! Some of those computers no longer exist, some have have been passed along and some just had their name changed years ago. My question/suggestion on this is: Why not automatically remove "deactivated" computers from the account after a given time, say one year? Is there a valid reason to keep "deactivated" computers in the account graveyard forever?:S
That's a good question, DAF. I noticed the same thing, I have 14 listed.

I like that idea. I noticed that in the 'Commands' tab of the deactivated computer there is an option to 'Reactivate'. Maybe they could just add another option to 'Permanently Deactivate', along with a confirmation dialog? Like Baldrick said, sounds like a feature request. I'd kudo it.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi DAF,

As Baldrick has suggested contacting Support. I had computers/tablets with old keycodes on my online Account Console and Support cleaned them up for me. When I told them I was no longer using the keycodes for those systems. I now only have 2 keycodes and the Beta keycode with my systems that are active named in the Console.

Userlevel 7
Thanks, Sherry...input much appreciated. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Great idea @ I would kudo that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have asked a few times and Webroot doesn't feel it's a big deal as it just shows all the systems it was installed on or many OS reinstall's and installing WSA on the same system and mine continues to be full as well with 2 full pages of Deactivated systems. LOL But I'm sure support can clean that up for you without issues but IMO I don't really care and it's funny looking at them all.....! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

I've gone ahead and hidden the 5 pages of Deactivated endpoints on your Account.
You should only be showing 2 active PC's now, please let me know if that is somehow not the case :cathappy:

Cheers!
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
@

Everything is good. The "graveyard" is empty now:D Thank you!!!

I am very impressed with your "Ninja Powers";) Thanks again!!
I have a similar problem. I haven't deactivated a computer because I don't know which one to deactivate. I have two computers listed with the same name because my computer crashed and I installed a new drive. I used Carbonite image restore to put my files on the new drive. Now I can't add a computer without paying. But only one of the computers is being used.Thanks. Bobby
Userlevel 7
Hi bobj2361

Have you tried deactivating one of the computers shown? One will be the registration from prior to the crash and the other will be that after the crash. Run a manual scan on your system, wait half an hour or so and then go back into your console. Check each registered computer for details of the latest scan...the one with the most recent scan details is the one you want to keep and you should 'deactivate' the other following the instruction in this KB Article.

See if that helps and post back if you have further issues.

Regards, Baldrick