Does webroot NOT detect viruses?

Does Webroot not detect viruses?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It does detect viruses. We are antivirus, antimalware and antiphishing.
Userlevel 7
And more, Nic...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
True, I just wanted to give the basics 🙂
If webroot does detect viruses, then it is not working on my computer because I have a virus.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
True, I just wanted to give the basics :)

And you did very well, mon ami, as 'malware' covers a whole host of nasties. ;)
Webroot DOES detect viruses/malware, and they do it better than their competitors. ;)

?
BurnDaddy
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
If webroot does detect viruses, then it is not working on my computer because I have a virus.
What virus do you have?  If you'd like to reach out to our support they can assist you with confirming that it's a virus and removing it for you:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
My computer is sending bogus emails and there have been numeous unknown email addresses added to this computer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What email service are you using? It's possible that the password to your email account was hacked and then the hackers use your email to start sending spam. Generally just resetting your password will suffice. But in any case, support is free if you'd like to call them and have them review everything on your machine to make sure it is clean.
Userlevel 7
It is also important to note that getting an actual virus in this time is incredibly rare for an end user.

Most users believe they are infected because they google symptoms on their computer, or see something they do not understand, and automatically assume it is a virus. The majority of what we see for end users (beyond large businesses of course) are PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications. 

I would advise taking a look at our blog post here in regards to this. As well as our guide on potentially unwanted applications located here.

As ? pointed out; if you ever believe you are infected you can always reach out to our support team and they are happy to take a look free of charge. They can also usually explain what it is that you are seeing if it is not virus, and where it came from.

Hope this helps!

Regards,