Dropbox high CPU, WRSA issue?

• 3 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
In the past week or so I've experienced Dropbox constant CPU of 25% or more when not syncng files, but even at that level the PC grinds almost to a halt. The PC starts OK but after about an hour it progressively grinds to a halt over the next hour, weird. I've done all the usual troubleshooting, re-installing Dropbox, clearing our rubbish, registery check, checks with 4 other scanners.

I'm at a loss...until I removed Webroot as part of the troubleshooting, now it's back to normal! I checked to see if WRSA was monitoring dropbox, but it wasn't, all seemed to be OK according to the control panels.

Anyone else experience this? I recall reading recently that WRSA had apparently been self-deleting Dropbox files with one or more users, but I've checked and nothing appears to have disappeared.

For the moment I'm purring along with WD until I can understand what happened and be confident that I won't end up having to troubleshoot for lots more valuable hours.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Salutations, @!

All technical issues like the one you've described should be handled by our Customer Support Team.

Feel free to open a ticket with them or give them a call! Do follow up with us once you know for sure :cathappy:
Send us a Support Ticket
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
JP, I've done that already, we've had several days of back and forth without progress. No logs were requested, no remote connection, just requests to re-install the product by, evidently, Level 1 support staff without escalation fuller investigation. Now that WRSA is uninstalled and my system is stable, I guess there is not much that tech support can do for me now, hence the reason why I decided to come here and learn whether it's a wider issue affecting other people or not.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't able to find your ticket history using your Community email, please send me the email address you've been using to contact our Support Team. I'll escalate your case to give it Top Priority.