light bulb

Did You Know?

Topics: 216
Kudos: 5,400
Ideas: 9
Solutions: 247

Re: Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hey Remixed

I would beg to differ on that score as the latest Maxthon Cloud browser (ludicrous name as it gives the wrong impression IMHO) is fast and light...but is not covered by the Web Threat Shield.  However as Daniel has stated in a post above the other WSA modules provide suffcient cover so as not to worry.  Well, at least I don't.

Recommend that you give it a try (there is a proper portable version that yo can use for the trial). biggrin.png

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.0.65...+ VoodooShield v2.75 ...working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by Macrium Reflect v6

Topics: 24
Kudos: 217
Solutions: 4

Note: I require a browser with a screen capture (full page + selection so windows built in isn't enough) last pass intergration, and a text expander.

Does maxthon have that?

Sr. Community Guide

Hi Remixed

That I cannot say, I am afraid, as for screen capture I use a stand alone app (Screenshot Capture), and for password management I use WSA' s Password Manager.  Text Expander...yes, I believe it does...but best that you check out if what I am thinking about is the same as you are looking for.

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.0.65...+ VoodooShield v2.75 ...working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by Macrium Reflect v6

I might give it a shot. Thanks

Sr. Community Guide

It seems the errors aren't showing up so far... yet..... I have to have the web shield off though and I would prefer to have it on so I hope we can resolve this!

Sr. Community Guide

Sorry Remixed

Is your last post in relation to trialing Maxthon?  If so then good but unfortunately the Web Threat Shield does not cover Maxthon, only IE, FF & Chrome at present (the is a request open in the Ideas Exchange to inlcude Maxthon...so perhaps?).

But as I have stated before you are very well protected by the other WSA modules and especially so if you include Maxton under 'Application Protection' which yo ucan do manual.

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

A webroot rep on the phone today with me recommended waterfox and I'm liking it so far!

Sr. Community Guide

Hi Remixed

Hmmmmmmmmm, have heard about it but not really had much time to go and have a look.  Perhaps I now will.

Cheers, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Topics: 638
Kudos: 8,017
Solutions: 615

remixedcat wrote:

A webroot rep on the phone today with me recommended waterfox and I'm liking it so far!

Waterfox is 64bit based Browser built off of Firefox and is not support by Webroot just to let you know but you can add it to the Identity Shield and then you will have that protection as well all of WSA's Anti-malware protection but no Web Shield!

Daniel

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png  SigSVIP.png EPA.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v9.0.0.65 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.6.0.6675.

MVP.gif.png Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security  

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png

Hey,

First of all disable the sandbox feature and check if there are security conflicts in between. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Right click Google Chrome destkop icon.

2. Select Properties.

3. Click the Shortcut tab.

4. Add below text next to the existing path under Target textbox:

"--no-sandbox"

5. Click Apply, and then OK.

6. Use this Chrome Crash-Fix and scan for issues related to browser settings and configurations.

7. Close and re-open Google Chrome. Your problem will be fixed.