Solved

Error window when trying to scan

• 31 January 2016
  • 5 replies

When i click on "scan my computer" it starts the process and then i get a message that it can not connect to the internet. I also have a blue Web Root screen. what is going on?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 31 January 2016, 19:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi WallyMan

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I would recommend that you try an uninstall/clean install of WSA. If you would like try then please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if asked by the installer; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that sorts the issue for you. If not then we can look at a plan B of action to try to resolve it.

Regards, Baldrick0

I will try that. if all else fails i will bring the machine to Best Buy and see if they can fix it. Thank you for your time,
this is on a MacPro book. should i just drag it to the trash bin?
Userlevel 7
Hi WallyMan

Apologies but was not aware that you were referring to a Mac...the link for the Best Buy for Subscription Download Link for Mac is HERE & the ordinary Mac Download Link is HERE.  

Yes, one uninstalls WSA on the Mac just like any other application but if you need guidance please see this previous post (No. 2 in the thread) which provides a detailed description of what to do.

Regards, Baldrick
Your solution worked perfect. Thank you.