Filtering Extension version #?

Hello Webrooters,

My Filtering Extension in Internet Explorer and Firefox is 1.4.0.8.
My Filtering Extension in Chrome is 1.3.0.11.

What is the current Filtering Extension number?

Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also see this!

"Dear Webroot Web Threat Shield User,
With version 53 Google Chrome started to enforce the installation of extensions from their store.
That results in blocked and blacklisted extensions when manually installed via external .crx archives.
To avoid the possibility of our extension being blocked and blacklisted, we have decided to
no longer include our extension’s .crx archive in our package.
Instead, the extension will be automatically downloaded and installed from the store
(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd).

If you have any questions or need support please reach out to us.
Best Regards,
Webroot Team"

And 1.4.0.8 is a preview for the Beta testers per say! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/ihepcfbmkcalpfhoeaaodembpppbaboh?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
Okay, so 1.3.0.11 is current for Chrome and 1.3.0.11 will at some point update from Chrome store to 1.4.0.8

Edit: Webroot/Chrome store waits until latest Webroot 9.0.17.24 is rolled out to all consumer customer and to all enterprise machines.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Also see this!

"Dear Webroot Web Threat Shield User,
With version 53 Google Chrome started to enforce the installation of extensions from their store.
That results in blocked and blacklisted extensions when manually installed via external .crx archives.
To avoid the possibility of our extension being blocked and blacklisted, we have decided to
no longer include our extension’s .crx archive in our package.
Instead, the extension will be automatically downloaded and installed from the store
(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd).

If you have any questions or need support please reach out to us.
Best Regards,
Webroot Team"

And 1.4.0.8 is a preview for the Beta testers per say! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/ihepcfbmkcalpfhoeaaodembpppbaboh?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
Thanks for pointing that out, Daniel. Really good information to share!!
Webroot Support (Jun 23, 2017 11:05) RE:Filtering Extension version ?Hello,

I have checked with development.
The latest version is v1.4.0.8. but this is only available in IE and Firefox.
Version 1.3.0.11 is the correct version for Chrome as we will need to wait until it is all rolled out to all business customer.
Once that is completed then Chrome will be updated to version 1.4.0.8. This is expected mid July.

Regards,
The Webroot Escalation Team

Userlevel 7
Well, Daniel

I have to say that I am not sure what is going on with the Extension as (i) it does say 'Preview' & (ii) when I try to install it via the Store link it undertakes chacking, as expected, but when I press the 'Add' button Chrome crashes and I have to restart it...and the Extension has not been added.

So something is not right here but I do not know if it is my system, the Extension itself or my installation of the Beta version (remember I cannot successful shut WRSA down at present so that I can uninstall it...and have had no feedback to my Support Ticket).

So it is a wait and see, for me.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi
Were I to follow your suggestion and marked Solution then.... my thinking is that I'll be forcing Filtering Extension in Chrome onto Chrome store (Preview) update channel.  
My thinking and Solution, at this time, is to leave Filtering Extension in Chrome on Chrome store traditional update channel. 

My opening post states my query.
"My Filtering Extension in Internet Explorer and Firefox is 1.4.0.8.
 My Filtering Extension in Chrome is 1.3.0.11.
 What is the current Filtering Extension number?"

Support reports answer to my query.
"Webroot Support (Jun 23, 2017 11:05) RE:Filtering Extension version ?
 Hello,
 I have checked with development.
 The latest version is v1.4.0.8. but this is only available in IE and Firefox.
 Version 1.3.0.11 is the correct version for Chrome as we will need to wait until it is all rolled out to all business customer.
 Once that is completed then Chrome will be updated to version 1.4.0.8. This is expected mid July.
 Regards,
 The Webroot Escalation Team"

I'll see whether 1.3.0.11 is current for Chrome as per Support by seeing whether 1.3.0.11 will at some point update from Chrome store to 1.4.0.8.   At this time, Developer Mode > 'Update extensions now' does not pull 1.4.0.8. 
We'll see what happens. 

Thanks

Badge +8
Hi Daniel,

Please don't leave this topic as many others could find it useful.

I just upgraded the Webroot Filtering Extension to 1.4.0.8 at the Google Store and it is working so far. I realize that there are always variables as to why it works on one particular device and not another. I appreciate your endless hard work and I find your posts very useful.

Also I must admit that I am having difficulty reading who is writing and who is adding a quote and posting under. It is my problem but I can tell you that this topic is very hard to follow. I am also confused by the green check marks that I understood to indicate the solution. Maybe that is part of my confusion. How can the original poster have multiple green check marks indicating a solution?

Thanks,
Theresa
@ wrote:

Thanks, Daniel.

Your tip about the link in the ReadMe document was very helpful 😃.

I've never really understood why I never received the Web Filtering Extension when I first installed Chrome browser (maybe I did something wrong—it's too long ago now to remember exactly what I did). Also, when I started beta testing, I didn't care to do the recommended drag and drop method as, as I have previously explained, I only use Chrome once in a blue moon so it just seemed too much trouble for a browser I only use about once every three months! Nor did I care to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as I had taken care setting up a customised configuration and did not want to lose it. Even more recently when I went to the Chrome Store, I just couldn't find the WFE however hard I searched.

Your link however has solved my problem easy peasy. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Talking about extensions, I didn't know that Webroot worked with Vivaldi.  I am so pleased to find that out, today. :)

Userlevel 7
The only reason I found out about the Webroot extension, is that I went looking for the Ghostery extension. Now, I have both.  But, I am sure that I didn't have to go looking for the Webroot one. It just wasn't enabled. I soon fixed that. 😉 :)