Solved

Firefox crashes when Web Threat Shield is on

• 13 December 2012
  • 6 replies

After 8.0.2.66 update my Firefox 17.0.1 started crashing at start when Web Threat Shield is on.
icon

Best answer by pegas 13 December 2012, 13:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes, it might be occuring as the leader developer admitted on Wilders forums. The next update should correct it. In the meantime please set FF executables to "Allow" instead of "Protect" in Protected Applications under Identity Shield and revert with result.

Thanks & regards,
pegas
Thanks, that solved the crashing.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks, that solved the crashing.
Glad it worked for you. It's a temporary workaround, so please keep in mind to change FF back to "Protect" after the next update of WSA.
Will do that, hopefully it doesn't take long.
EDIT:
It looks like todays patch solved it.
Well... No crashes but ctrl+c seems to work rather oddly. I usually have to do it twice before it copies stuff (in IE10 too). Also right click to scan stopped working.

EDIT:
It looks like sometimes when I start typing the first keypress doesn't get registered so I end up making searches without first letter. Copy/paste issue may be related to this.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I've been using WRSA on and off since its inception and frequently found it to slow down, freeze or even crash FF, especially on work / business sites where the web shield is perhaps trying to figure out a rating for the site but does not find one - I'm only guesing what it is trying to do, but it's caused me too many problems and so I've uninstalled again. Why I re-install is because I keep faith in this product for other reasons, but then will these FF issues be resolved? BTW, this occurs on different PCs / laptops. It might at least be helpful to be able to exclude certain websites, or certain categories by the user such as https for example. In the meantime its back to Malwarebytes Pro with active malware url detection working very well indeed.