cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox update populates appdata path

Highlighted
Sr. Community Guide

Firefox update populates appdata path

After Firefox update -- Application Protection > Application > firefox.exe = appdata path. 

Fx update app path.png

Add Application firefox.exe adds the same appdata path.

And 'Remove this entry' with restart browser does not add path.

Fx update Remove this entry.png

Only way I've found to fix path is clean install agent.

 

WSA Antivirus 9.0.18.38

Edit: corrections

 

6 REPLIES
Gold VIP
Microsoft Windows
Webroot

Re: Firefox update populates appdata path


bjm_ wrote:

Only way I've found to fix path is clean install agent.

 

WSA Antivirus 9.0.18.34

 


That is the only way to clean the path, but as said many times the path doesn't matter and also normal maybe @DanP can explain once again instead of me searching. Smiley Surprised And you should have v9.0.18.38 if you did a clean reinstall?

 


Gold.gif EPA.gif  ambassadorsig.png


2016-07-18_12-11-32.png  Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security  beta_tester_transparent.png

Sr. Community Guide

Re: Firefox update populates appdata path


TripleHelix wrote:

bjm_ wrote:

Only way I've found to fix path is clean install agent.

 

WSA Antivirus 9.0.18.34

 


That is the only way to clean the path, but as said many times the path doesn't matter and also normal maybe @DanP can explain once again instead of me searching. Smiley Surprised And you should have v9.0.18.38 if you did a clean reinstall?


'Remove this entry' with browser restart does not add path.

The path doesn't matter..... even no path doesn't matter?

My agent was at 9.0.18.38 before Firefox 56.0.1 update.

 

 

Gold VIP
Microsoft Windows
Webroot

Re: Firefox update populates appdata path


bjm_ wrote:

TripleHelix wrote:

bjm_ wrote:

Only way I've found to fix path is clean install agent.

 

WSA Antivirus 9.0.18.34

 


That is the only way to clean the path, but as said many times the path doesn't matter and also normal maybe @DanP can explain once again instead of me searching. Smiley Surprised And you should have v9.0.18.38 if you did a clean reinstall?


'Remove this entry' with browser restart does not add path.

The path doesn't matter..... even no path doesn't matter?

My agent was at 9.0.18.38 before Firefox 56.0.1 update.

 

 


Next time search for yourself.

 

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Beta/9-0-8-73-Chrome-Update-Application-Protection-Bug/gpm-p/246803...

 

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/odd-behavior-from-Chrome/m-p/237833...

 

 

 


Gold.gif EPA.gif  ambassadorsig.png


2016-07-18_12-11-32.png  Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security  beta_tester_transparent.png

Sr. Community Guide

Re: Firefox update populates appdata path


TripleHelix wrote:

bjm_ wrote:

TripleHelix wrote:

bjm_ wrote:

Only way I've found to fix path is clean install agent.

 

WSA Antivirus 9.0.18.34

 


That is the only way to clean the path, but as said many times the path doesn't matter and also normal maybe @DanP can explain once again instead of me searching. Smiley Surprised And you should have v9.0.18.38 if you did a clean reinstall?


'Remove this entry' with browser restart does not add path.

The path doesn't matter..... even no path doesn't matter?

My agent was at 9.0.18.38 before Firefox 56.0.1 update.

 

 


Next time search for yourself.

 

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Beta/9-0-8-73-Chrome-Update-Application-Protection-Bug/gpm-p/246803...

 

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/odd-behavior-from-Chrome/m-p/237833...

 

 


So, it's normal for agent with 'Remove this entry' to not populate Firefox path (any path). 
'Remove this entry' with browser restart does not add path (any path).

Um, your search results are for Chrome & over a year old. 

So, it is what it is + one year.

Thanks

Gold VIP
Microsoft Windows
Webroot

Re: Firefox update populates appdata path

If it's not listed in ID Shield just add it back. http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/610/Managing-Protected-Applications I was just showing that the path doesn't matter as DanP said and it's the same with Firefox!

 

"Those entries are based on file hash and not on filename or path, so the listed filename can differ from the actual location of the file on disk and the application will be protected in any path with any filename."

 

Mine is all normal as a clean reinstall of WSA will show the correct path...... Also I use Waterfox so I have to manually add it to the ID Shield.

 

2017-10-10_17-50-50.png

 

 


Gold.gif EPA.gif  ambassadorsig.png


2016-07-18_12-11-32.png  Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security  beta_tester_transparent.png

Sr. Community Guide

Re: Firefox update populates appdata path


TripleHelix wrote:

If it's not listed in ID Shield just add it back. http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/610/Managing-Protected-Applications I was just showing that the path doesn't matter as DanP said and it's the same with Firefox!

 

"Those entries are based on file hash and not on filename or path, so the listed filename can differ from the actual location of the file on disk and the application will be protected in any path with any filename."


Yes, the path does not matter because even with no path.....my agent tray Icon shows lock. 
So, I can add firefox.exe back by an appdata path that btw does not exist or I can add no path. 
I tried to call attention to my observation. 

Try is all I can do.

Status quo @DanP

Regards w Respect