Solved

Firewall blocking my wireless printer connection. How do I fix this?

• 13 January 2015
  • 4 replies

I recently installed webroot and now my printer won't work.  My computer software says it's a problem with the firewall.  How do I fix this?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 17 October 2016, 16:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello
The firewall monitors processes that attempt to access the Internet and monitors the ports used for communicating with the Internet. If it is not active it will not need to be monitored.

But you do have control over whether Webroot SecureAnywhere will allow or block certain processes and port communications.

To change settings for active connections:

1. Open the Webroot main interface.
  2. Click PC Security.
  3. Click the Firewall tab.
  4. At the bottom of the panel, click View Network Applications. > The Network Applications dialog opens.
  5. Click on a radio button to allow or block a process or port address
Managing active connections:
http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C4_Firewall/CH4c_ManagingActiveConnections.htm
Userlevel 7
Hi kcbsross

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I might just check something, in addition to what Petrovic has advised...what verison of the OS do you run?  If it is Win8/8.1 rather than Win7 then I am afraid that you will not be able to make any changes to active connections...this is due to Microsoft having tightened their policy in terms of the interface that 3rd party application can make use of in relation to communicating with the built in Firewall.

Just wanted to point that out in case you are somewhat nonplussed by the differences...as I know I was when I first came across them.

Regards, Baldrick
step 4 - there is no "View Network Applications"... 
Hello Mame1966,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Seeing that this thread is almost 2 years old I think it would be best to start a new thread by asking your question HERE.

Please be sure to include specifics on your exact problem.

Or you may also submit a trouble ticket and let support check things for you.

Hope this info helps,

BD