Solved

GHOSTS In My Machine

• 25 March 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Surprised to see this:

......when I went to have a look at my security report.

After a bit this page said I should contact you guys for support.

So here I am.

Is Crazy Egg the culprit?

icon

Best answer by Wydeloads 29 March 2017, 11:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Not sure what is happening there but I am not having the same issue and I have just checked Ghostery and Crazy Egg is showing up as blocked but I also have some different trackers showing up/being blocked:

so it may be one of the ones that we do not share.

I will have to investigate further as the only other thing that is different is that I have not been notified about or seen a Security Report.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 5
Hi Rick that is Bald - nice to see you again.:D

How many trackers have you got?

I guessed it was Crazy Egg the culprit as if blocked it stops most Webroot page content from loading. Even here.

Userlevel 7
Hi Wydeloads

5 trackers and NO content being blocked AND Crazy Egg IS being blocked by Ghostery...so I cannot confirm your supposition. I suspect that it is one of the others that you have that I am not seeing.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hey there @   could be space aliens!:D
Userlevel 5
What are the trackers for?

I block the trackers 'cause Ghostery tells me.

Only thing is then I don't get to see the security report page but you say you don't block them.

Why don't you block the trackers and shoud I unblock them even though Ghostery tells me they're bad?

Userlevel 7
I actually block ALL trackers but I am not getting the issue that you are reporting...so as I suggested previously...you should open a support ticket t? get the Support Team to investigate this for you.

In case you missed the link please click HERE and follow the on screen instructions.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
You got a Twatter Advertising Tracker and I ain't. But you block them all anyways. Only difference I can see. 

My hub blocks all Twatter advertising, so maybe that's it.

Someone please tell me why this page - about my own security report - needs 3rd party advertising trackers anyway?
Userlevel 7
Hi Wydeloads

As I said the best people to answer that question are the Support Team. Why don't you open that suport ticket (link in a previous post) and provide them with a link to this thread so they can review our discussions/the information provided? I am sure that they can figure this out for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
The page is now normal and displays correctly without me even doing nothing.

A glitch I guess.

Thanks for the input you guys.:womanvery-happy:

Support read here I guess so they know what's happened and it's their call why they need to track members on their security report page.

Call me crazy but I still  think it's Crazy Egg making omelettes and hashing things up.