Has anybody had problems with a virus called 'Zeus" usually asks you to call a number to get rid of

• 1 June 2016
  • 1 reply

This virus pops up with audio of a voice telling you to not shut off your computer and call the associative number..I think it is a malware...but it seems to have shutdown my update capabilities for Windows 7.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi bumble57

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are just getting a popup with the voice message that you are infected then I suspect that you are being scammed. To make sure please make sure that you run a manual scan of WSA and see what it comes up with.

WSA has been tested against banking-related malware like Zeus (please see this article on the subject) and so should detect and deal with it.

Post back withth results of the scan which I believe will come up empty as I suspect that you may have a Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) residing on your system, that is the source of the pop up.

Either way, you will be able to get assistance from the excellent Webroot Support Team, to deal with whatever itis that is causing this on your system. All you need to do is to Open a Support Ticket, to advise them of your situation. The service is free to all WSA users with an active subscription.

Regards, Baldrick