Solved

Help with Renewal of Webroot

• 7 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I've had Webroot installed on my laptop for 4 years.  

Best Buy/Geek Squad auto renews every year.  However, this year, there was some supicious activity on my credit card, and we inadvertantly flagged the Webroot payment as an invalid payment.  So... Webroot cancelled our protection, which is understandable. I contacted Webroot, and asked how I could get reinstated.  Their response is that I had to return to Best Buy and purchase the Webroot.  And, I did.

However, when I try to install it, I never get a screen to enter the new key code.  When I try to launch, the existing Webroot opens up.  However, I don't think the new software has loaded because I keep getting reminders from Geek Squad via email to upload the Webroot program.  

What do I need to do?  Uninstall the existing Webroot?  I'd think the new Webroot would recognize and do what it needs to do without me having to uninstall the original program.  

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 7 January 2017, 03:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello einreb58,

Welcome to trhe Webroot Community,

Please try this below:

If you have a new keycode, you can activate it as follows:
  1. Open SecureAnywhere.  
  2. Click the gear icon next to My Account. Your account panel displays. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/myaccountdetails.png[/img]  
  3. Under Activate a new keycode, enter the keycode you want to add and click Activate.
If you would like to also add your keycode to your online management account, click here for instructions.

If you have Password Manager and Backup and Sync you will need to Submit a Support Ticket to transfer these programs tio the new keycode.
Userlevel 1
Thanks! That did the trick!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi einreb58,

That great to hear!You are welcome!

Thanks for letting us know!

Have a great weekend!:D