Solved

How do I get the password manager icon back in the bookmark toolbar after a hard drive replace

• 8 July 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
How do I get the password manager icon back in the bookmark toolbar after a hard drive replace
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 8 July 2015, 20:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you wanting the Password Manager toolbar in your browser?

This sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double cliks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.

Kind Regards,

Badge +1
It worked great for IE But  not at all for Firefox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there!

Can you go into Firefox up in the right hand corner and look in settings or see if there is a Password Manager enabled in FF extensions? Try rebooting to see if PM will install. This fix should work for all browsers though. Make sure FF is closed when doing the toolbar fix. Ok?
Badge +1
I did it 3 times and still nothing Mozilla doesnt like Webroot very much:@
Badge +1
OK I found it Had to go to the addons in the tools dropdown and enable it thank you so much for your help!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

You are so very welcome. That's why we are here is to help others!

Have a great day!:D