How do I make setting changes. am referred always to Web Root Console controls..??

• 9 August 2015
  • 7 replies

I recently loaded the above but need to make some setting changes but I see "  Settings currently managed by the web console"...I'm not sure what that means exactly... I need to allow some programs which are currently being blocked, etc.  How do I do what I need to do?
Thanks!!
Sharon Z

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi sobelleLV

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I have understood yo ucorrectly I believe that your issue is due to the permissions set on your account so please do the following:

1. Log into your web console (here), and once logged into the main panel click on your email address situated in the top right hand corner of the panel.

1. Select 'Account Settings', from the dropdown menu presented.

1. Under the 'Access & Permissions' sections of the page displayed locate the 'PC Security' options and check to see what the access level is...for what you are looking for it should say 'Admin'.

1. If it does not then click on the 'Change' link to the right of the status which should reveal a further page that look like this

Again, select the dropdown arrow to the right of the status field against 'PC Security Console' and from the list displayed select 'Admin'.

1. Click on 'Save Access & Permissions', which should take you back to the 'Account Settings' page.

1. From there click on the 'PC Security' tab in the header, which should show you the PC devices you have protected by WSA.  If you now click on the PC concerned you should now see the 'Commands' tab showing at the top of the pop up, next to 'About' & 'Scan Information.

I hope that sorts that out for you?  If not then please post back with details of what you are not seeing, etc. and we will try to help further.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hi sobelleLV

Apologies but I missed a crucial element to the overall response.

Once you have done what I have posted and allowed yourself to be Admin for that PC you want to select the 'About' option (from the now three options you have; About, Scan Information & Commands).

Make sure that About is selected and then look at the bottom of the panel.  There you should see 'Security Setting' with '(Edit)' next to it. 

If you click on Edit you have access to a dropdown that allows you to select local management amongst other options.

If you do not see 'User Configuration' displayed as the Security Setting then that is you issue, and you need to click on 'Edit' and select it from the dropdown options and then Save.  That shgould give yo back local control/you will not get the message you reported when you make local changes.

You of course need to do the same for each computer protected as in each case you are only making the change for the computer selected.

Apologies again for the disjointed response but hopefully that sorts it for you?

Regards, Baldrick
Yes, permissions...the word escaped me.. now trying to locate my key code which is partially encrypted(can only see first 4 characters)...  WR was installed by my local computer tech,full versoin registered/purchased ..hmmm... <sigh>. I need to register first I guess before i can access the console...(or call tech about key code-LOL) At least I know where to go now. Thanks! 
ok thanks! this makes total sense after I can find my key code grrr...
Userlevel 7
Hi sobelleLV

No worries. Hopefully when you have what you need and can decipher my somewhat disjointed two-part response you will be able to set yourself up the way that you need.

But if you have any further issues or need further guidance don't hesitate to post back...someone in the Community will be avaialbel to respond if I am not.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks!!
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome...:D