How to I get rid of the pop up message that subscription will expire. I have renewed my subscription

• 12 July 2016
  • 7 replies

How do I get rid of pop up message that subscription will expire. I have renewed my subscription

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello janus3804, 

Welcome to the Webroot Community. 

Just to clarify, when you say that you "renewed", was it from the same source as your original license? 

And is it a Webroot subscription via Webroot, or BestBuy etc? 

How long ago did you renew? 

Please get back with further info or questions, thanks.  

Edit: If it is a new keycode (rather than a renewal), please see these: Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help   Activating   

But you may lose some remaining days this way, and it could be better to wait until expiry.

Userlevel 7
Hi janus3804

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Dermot has posted? From what you have posted I am guessing that you have renewed by purchasing a new subscription, i.e., you received a new keycode, rather than a 'real' renewal, i.e., no new keycode & time is added to your existing subscription?

If that is the case amnd you have activated the new keycode then please be aware that activation of the new keycode does not cancel any time remaining on the previous keycod; they run in parallel until expiry and because the system 'thinks' that you have not renewed the previous keycode you will most probably continue to receive the renewal message for the 30 days renewal grace period that Webroot offer.

Now if you have not purchase a new subscription then please discount the above...but either way please let us know what your status is.

Regards, Baldrick
We did this through Best Buy.

Here is the contents of the email we received upon payment,..

Your update was successful
Hello David,

Thank you for updating your payment information with your card ending in xxxx. Your Geek Squad® protection will continue without interruption.

Your payment will be processed on the anniversary date of your plan. Once processing is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with details of your renewal.

The "Your security subscription expires in 4 days" message is still there.  Does the message from Best Buy suggest that this popup will not go away for 4 more days???  

I have an older Toshiba laptop (also Windows 10 now).  I did see the same message but there i was able to keep the message off the screen,

Also, when I log into thw webroot web console, it tells me that there is only 1 day remaining for license duration, unlike the popup which says 4 days. Not sure which to believe.

Please let us know what we can do to make sure that we don't expire.  We both use to connect to work and I doubt those connections will work if the virus protection is no longer active.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Hi janus3804

Thanks for precising. If you renewed, and by that I mean you did not receive or have to activate a new keycode, and that is what it sounds as if you did, then the key phrase in the email is "Your payment will be processed on the anniversary date of your plan.".

You have provided your card/payment details, they have been taken but the funds have not been debited yet and will not be until the actual date of expiry...so I would assume that you will continue to receive the message until the actual expiry date, when the payment will actually be taken...and thereafter the message should stop.

As to which is the correct number of days remaining...well, given the above it should not matter; whether 1 or 4 when the correct number of days to expiry has elspased you should find that you are renewed, and receive the confirmation email from Best Buy.

Should that not happen or you have issues with the renewal then you should contact The Geek Squad (contact details HERE) to get resolution.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
 I have webroot on about a dozen computers in my company.  All the users are getting the annoying subscription expiration pop-up which continues even after the subscription is updated.  The only solution seems to be installing a different brand of AV software.
Userlevel 7
Hi neubt

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Do you have the Endpoint Security or Home version of WRSA installed on your company's machines?

If so then you should be posting this in the Business section of the Community rather than here in the Home section, as the subscription renewal process may well be different, and I am not au fait with it.

However, when you say "the subscription is updated" was the update as a result of a renewal via the Webroot web site, i.e., no change in keycode or did you purchase new subscription which would have necessitated the entry & activation of new keycodes?

If you would be kind enough to precise we can try to advise.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
@, please send me your account information and I will make sure our Team reaches out to you promptly to address this: JPetraglia@Webroot.com

Thanks!