Solved

How to delete one PC and add another PC

• 20 April 2015
  • 2 replies

• New Voice
  • 5 replies
 I have 3 PC's protected. One of them quit working. How do I delete that PC from my console and add another PC. It is an old XP computer that I use once in awhile. Thank you in advance. 
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 20 April 2015, 18:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

Deactivating a PC
Deactivating a PC removes it from the PC Security panel and removes the SecureAnywhere application from
your computer. You may want to deactivate a PC in the following circumstances:
l If you no longer use a PC that had SecureAnywhere installed.
l If you are replacing a PC with a new machine and you want to transfer the license.

Important: Deactivating a PC is not reversible; that is, you cannot reactivate it without reinstalling the
software.

To deactivate SecureAnywhere on a PC:
1. Open your browser and go to my.webrootanywhere.com. 

2. Click the PC Security tab or Go to PC Security.

3. Click the PC you want to deactivate.

4. Click the Commands tab, then click Deactivate.

Adding a PC
If you purchased a multi-license edition, you can install SecureAnywhere on additional PCs using the same
keycode. The SecureAnywhere website will display information about these PCs after a scan runs on each one,
as described in this section. If you used a different keycode to install SecureAnywhere, follow the instructions
in "Adding devices with different keycodes" on page 8.

To view all your PCs in the website:
1. Install SecureAnywhere on each PC, using your multi-seat license keycode.

2. When SecureAnywhere prompts for your account information, enter your user name (email address) and
password.

3. At the end of the installation routine, wait for SecureAnywhere to finish scanning the PC. Do not cancel
the scan.

Once the PC is scanned, SecureAnywhere reports into your account and adds the PC to the website.
4. Open your browser and go to my.webrootanywhere.com. 

The new PC appears in the PC Security panel. By default, SecureAnywhere shows the machine name.

5. Click the newly installed PC’s icon to open its information panel.

6. If you want to change the PC's displayed name, click the Edit link, enter a new name, and click the
checkmark to the right of the field.

http://download.webroot.com/SecureAnywhereWebsiteUserGuide.pdf

Thank you. It was a piece of cake to delete the dead PC from the console.