How to disable SecureAnywhere Personal Security Report popup?

• 12 June 2016
  • 8 replies

How do I disable the SecureAnywhere Personal Security Report?  I've had this pop up and minimize my window while I'm in the middle of a game two days in a row.  I clicked to view it yesterday, I read that it might stop if you've viewed it already, but it happened again today.  Extremely frustrating.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Pipe

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that at the moment there is no specific way to do this; what I have found in the past is that clicking on the prompt and therefore displaying the report in some cases does cause the popup to stop appearing,s I would try that, but it is by no means fullproof as a method.

This is a topic that comes up over & over again and there is also a feature request (HERE) for a change to WSA to provide users with granular control over the popup, etc. So we are hopeful that the Development Team will heed this request and you can help by popping over to the request and supporting bymaking suitable comments and even, if so minded, kudoing the request.

But until this change is adopted/implemented we are left with a certain degree of 'volatility' in terms of when the report-related popup is displayed, etc.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks for the reply and link.  That's insane that they haven't fixed it yet 😕
Userlevel 7
Hi Pipe

Well, what we don't know is what other priorities the Development Team have in terms of making sure thatWSA remains at the cutting edge and so protections us as well as it can...on that basis I prefer them to focus on protection than on the way a popup works.

I suspect that the popup will be around for a couple of days and then stop appearing.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It shouldn't be popping up that frequently and must be a bug. If you wouldn't mind, could you contact support so they can get it documented? Sorry for the hassle!
This has been the standard (NON)response since day 1 Are you kidding me!?!? Do you mean to suggets that the &*(%#&RY developers can't make this simple change!?!?

BS

NO ONE likes the freakin security report popup - get it?? Users HATE IT!  I for one, along with many, many others do not even WANT a personal security report. If you're doing it as a service, it ain't helping. At the very least, give us the ability to kill it 'cause most think it deserves to die. We all know it's just a ploy to make us come to your freakin site. Stop jerkin users around. If you want me to have a report, send to my email. Otherwise LOSE IT

@ wrote:

NO ONE likes the freakin security report popup - get it?? Users HATE IT!  ....
I like it, but honestly haven't seen it in months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

NO ONE likes the freakin security report popup - get it?? Users HATE IT!  ....
I like it, but honestly haven't seen it in months.
The same with me BurnDaddy. I cannot remember when I last had the report, it is something I quite like, a general report about how my systems are doing.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This has been the standard (NON)response since day 1 Are you kidding me!?!? Do you mean to suggets that the &*(%#&RY developers can't make this simple change!?!?

BS

NO ONE likes the freakin security report popup - get it?? Users HATE IT!  I for one, along with many, many others do not even WANT a personal security report. If you're doing it as a service, it ain't helping. At the very least, give us the ability to kill it 'cause most think it deserves to die. We all know it's just a ploy to make us come to your freakin site. Stop jerkin users around. If you want me to have a report, send to my email. Otherwise LOSE IT

Hi crustycurmudgeon

Whilst we appreciate frank & honest opinion there are limits and I would therefore ask you to moderate your language in terms of your posts. We all understand that this is a frustration for some users but there is no need to use an aggressive tone in your posts...it will not get action on this any quicker.

The Development Team have priorities and one of the key ones as I understand it is to make sure that WSA protects its users as well as it can...so this is what they do...dealing with a popup that annoys some users is not a priority. We kn w that they will do something about it given that there is a well supported Feature Request covering this topic...hopefully they will be able to get to it soon as and when they are not making sure that WSA is doing what it is supposed to be to the best of its abilities...protecting the users from malware.

Regards, Baldrick