Did You Know?

Community Guide
MaXimus
Accepted Solution

How to exclude a folder from being scanned in the latest WSA AV?

How to exclude a folder from being scanned in the latest WSA AV?

Community Guide

Please use plain text.
Rakanisheu

Re: How to exclude a folder from being scanned in the latest WSA AV?

You cannot exclude a folder, if you have something that keeps getting detected or are having an issue with a specific problem let us know and we can check the logs.

Please use plain text.
Community Guide
MaXimus

oh no not having a problem, I use a program to play videos smoothly @ 60 FPS called Smooth Video Project and they recommend excluding the entire SVP folder in your AV for better performance but I'll see if I face any problems I don't think I should since WSA is very light

Community Guide

Please use plain text.
Rakanisheu

I am not familiar with the program but if you have any issues just reply and we can whitelist said program.

Please use plain text.
Community Guide
superssjdan

I do not think you will see any issues with it in WSA.My wife has used that program from time to time and yes,she had to set up exceptions for it,but that was another A/V and that was some time ago.WSA works so much differently than just about anything else out there.If you see any issues when running your program,just click on the cog next to utilities on the WSA gui,then click on system control,and then on control active processes.Look for any processes being monitored that are from your program.If you find anything you can move the slider from monitor to allow for the time being and then open a ticket stating any issue you may or may not have with the program.Roy here has been a great help to me in this regard as he has quickly answered a few tickets of mine which just simply came down to whitelisting a few components which were unknown to the cloud.Welcome to the Webroot family!

All Pcs now:WSA 8.0.4.66 with ESET Smart Security 7.0.302.26
Adguard 5.9
Acronis True Image 2014
CCleaner 4.10.4570/JV Powertools 2014
Diskeeper Pro 16.0.1017.0
Windows 8.1 PRO X64 8gig memory Core i5 3.2ghz
Please use plain text.
RichardHK

Have read the comments that we cannot exclude folders, but getting told by so many colleagues in the trading community to do such! Am getting odd program freezes, so rather than ask for the impossible, could you please confirm that the main program executable file, which I have as 'Allow' is whitelisted?

ninjatrader.exe

Thanks.

Richard

Hong Kong

Please use plain text.
Rakanisheu

Hello Richard,

A filename isnt enough information we need some more info from you. We cant exclude a folder but if you have a program we can go through the folder and whitelist it.

- Open Webroot
- Click on the litte grey cog icon beside the utilities option 
- In there click the Reports tab
- On the Reports tab screen under "Scan Log" press the Save scan log.. button

Save this scan log to your desktop. In this scan log you should see an entry for that file name (it will look similar to below)

Monitoring process c:\programs\ninja trader\ninjatrader.exe [29389536B41D96E97D2E9443F1138C6B] type: 9

Its the MD5 that we really need (the numbers+letters in the brackets)

Please use plain text.
RichardHK

Hi Rakanisheu,

Thanks for your very quick reply. I have browsed log as suggested and found info. However, I find it odd (not knowing how Webroot program works!) that only several programs are logged as being monitored despite other programs like Firefox, MS Outlook, and Skype etc., are not referenced in log. Anyway, here are key programs and codes:

Mon 10-02-2014 23:00:22.0319    Monitoring process C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe [5F37253BE2973E269EE5825AC031E939]. Type: 1 (19912)
Mon 10-02-2014 23:00:43.0254    Monitoring process C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed\iqconnect.exe [31D1569BDE32F78914C764B8C90AC24E]. Type: 1 (15669)

The above two programs (along with two other non-trading software) are subjected to passive write scans periodically. So please advise how I can set these programs for non-intervention by WSA.

Many thanks.

Richard

PS. Have NinjaTrader set to "Allow' in Identity Protection. And both NinjaTrader and IQFeed are 'Allow' in Active Processes. Not set to 'Monitor' so most confusing. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.