Solved

How to submit a zip file for you?

• 8 August 2017
  • 7 replies

Hi
I am a malware tester and I decided to test Webroot  and really loved it
I want to send you  files Webroot doesn't detect in a zip file  
How can I do that and should i set a password?
Do you inform me about results after analyzing? 
Thank you 
icon

Best answer by DanP 9 August 2017, 15:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello,

You can submit files at: http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx

You can also submit files directly through Webroot SecureAnywhere by going to the Reports tab under Utilities and clicking the Submit a file button. 

There is not currently a way to provide feedback on files submitted in this way.

-Dan

Is there any other way to submit files?
Should i set a password for zip file?
Userlevel 7
Hi Amir957

Am afraid that I do not know of any other ways...Dan has covered the bases.

As to password protection...if you are concerned then you can password protect the .zip and open a support ticket referring to the the submission ...but there is every chance that SUpport are not able to match submission with ticket include it in the message with the submission. And anyway I understand that this is a private 'channel' it is unlikely that anyone looking at the submission will be other than a Webroot member of staff...but personally I do not password protect a submission.

Regards, Baldrick
twebroot is telling me that my subscription has ended but I just bought a year 4 months ago from Best Buy
@ wrote:
Hello,

You can submit files at: http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx

You can also submit files directly through Webroot SecureAnywhere by going to the Reports tab under Utilities and clicking the Submit a file button. 

There is not currently a way to provide feedback on files submitted in this way.

-Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
Is there any other way to submit files?
Should i set a password for zip file?
We do not currently have other methods for file submissions. You do not need to password protect a .zip file, but if you do, use one of the standard passwords for malware samples.

-Dan
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
twebroot is telling me that my subscription has ended but I just bought a year 4 months ago from Best Buy
Best Buy subscriptions begin on the date of purchase, which means it should be far past expired by now.
If you'd like me to double-check, please send me a private message with your keycode.