Solved

I disabled the Webroot extension in Google chrome and cannot get it back,

• 9 November 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I disabled the Webroot extension in Google chrome because of Chrome's dire warning and now realize I need it and cannot get it back, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 9 November 2016, 15:22

View original

7 replies

Hi annapurna,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Please download and install the extension from HERE.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.:)

BD
Userlevel 2
Thanks, it is working fine now and seems to be really good.
Userlevel 2
Yes, thanks all working now.
Userlevel 7
Happy to hear BurnDaddy got you all straightened out :)

Huzzah, Webroot on!!!
Userlevel 2
Hi Again,
Still on the topic of the Webroot extension,

My friend, from whom I got the recommendation to use Webroot, also does not have the extensiion, perhaps because she is using Comodo Dragon as her browser.

Is there an extensioin that is compatible with Comodo Dragon?

Many thanks,
Annapurna
hi annapurna,

The extension currently only works in Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox browsers and only with Google, Yahoo, and Bing search engines.

I believe the Comodo Dragon Browser is based on Chromium so possibly the Chrome version of the Webroot Web Filtering Extension would work?

Hope this info helps,

BD
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
hi annapurna,

The extension currently only works in Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox browsers and only with Google, Yahoo, and Bing search engines.

I believe the Comodo Dragon Browser is based on Chromium so possibly the Chrome version of the Webroot Web Filtering Extension would work?

Hope this info helps,

BD
@ nailed it. If it somehow did work with Comodo Dragon, it would be if it supported using Chrome Extensions.