I have a question regarding "about blank" which has recently appeared in my Google Chrome.

• 25 October 2015
  • 1 reply

I have been using Google Chrome as my search engine for years now and never had a problem.  I have my Webroot scanning my computer automatically and have no threats being found.  Yesterday I noticed my internet search getting slow and then it stopped entirely.....I noticed "about blank" had taken over......I also noticed when I attempted to get into secure websites the green security ribbon was unavailable.....I have looked into this myself and noticed that it could be a virus and or is possible part of the Google Chrome.....any information or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi djhoffman1016

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you sure that you have had no threats detected and automatically cleaned by WSA without you noticing?

The reason I ask is that it is just possible that as the result of such a detect and automatic clean WSA might have had to reset your browser settings; for instances if it had detected a malcious change to those, especailly in terms of homepage, and in cleaning it had to do a reset.

It is very much an off chance but without more information there is no way of knowing if this could be a possible reason or it is something more innocuous. Would you be able to check the latest versions of both the WSA Scan Log & Threat Log, to see if anything is flagged up there?

Lety us know if you need any help finding an accessing these.

Regards, Baldrick