Solved

I have been told I have a FOUR Trojen horses on my computer by Toler Tech.llc is this a scam??

• 16 September 2014
  • 6 replies

I was told by Toler Tech LLC and LogMe in that I have
four trogen horses on my computer .. I told them, I have you but they told me you only protect my computer and not the internet.  I have always been happy with you so I think this is a scam. I believe they are still on my computer. but I don't see them in my Control Panel.  SOS because I trust YOU and am suspecious of them.  Thanks a whole bunch  :):)
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 17 September 2014, 01:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I was told by Toler Tech LLC and LogMe in that I have
four trogen horses on my computer .. I told them, I have you but they told me you only protect my computer and not the internet.  I have always been happy with you so I think this is a scam. I believe they are still on my computer. but I don't see them in my Control Panel.  SOS because I trust YOU and am suspecious of them.  Thanks a whole bunch  :):)
Hello olsuzanna,
Welcome to the Community Forum,
This doesn't sound good at all! Have you done a Webroot Scan on your Computer? Webroot Protects by
Proactively inspects URLs for malicious web content and blocks fake websites that trick you into entering your personal information
System Optimizer wipes away traces of your online activity, makes deleted files unrecoverable, and reclaims hard drive space by eliminating browser cache, cookies, and temporary files.
Works silently in the background to protect your usernames, account numbers, security codes and other personal information from theft.
I wouldn't trust these and you are a very smart person! There are way too many Scams on the internet today. Your Computer would have signs of that many Trojan Horses like pop up errors freezing of the computer, directing your webpages..etc etc. Webroot would tell you if you have any malicious virues as well.
Also may I ask what version of Webroot do you have?
If you do have Trojan Horses then you can always issue a Support Ticket free of charge!
Please let us know how things are and if you need more help! It's great to have you here olsuzanna,:D
Userlevel 7
SCAM SCAM SCAM 

Do not let them control your PC and DO not give them any credit card information.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
i think toler tech is a very good company they dun say stuff like that the have helped me a lot
Apparantly there is a difference of opinion here, but really in the end there is only one thing that is important:

Webroot provides FREE support and virus removal for all customers who have a valid, current, license for any WSA product.  There is simply no need to spend large amounts of money to a company that may, or may not be, legit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
i think toler tech is a very good company they dun say stuff like that the have helped me a lot
Hello ANKUR_KHEMANI and Welcome,

Whether they are good or bad, they are not needed by Webroot customers imo, who have all the benefits of free and guaranteed malware removal, should that be necessary: Virus Removal Options - Webroot Community
Userlevel 7
Seems odd that somebody registered just to say that the company was great....
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
He's a spammer - I banned him.