I have renewed twice and it continues to tell me that is has expired. what do I need to do

• 13 November 2014
  • 7 replies

I have renewed twice and it continues to tell me that is has expired. what do I need to do

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello Pongo1,

Welcome to the Community!

If you purchased originally through Best Buy, and so are renewing through them, then it can take 24-48 hours for the renewal to go through and that will be from the renewal anniversary date rather then when you then when you requested it.

• Call our Webroot Sales Support Team at 1-866-612-4268
  • EDIT:

Maybe @ can find out some information here as well. And our Expert with this is @ might add tp this issue.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Pongo1,

I would like to add what one of our forum members stated ealier the other day to similair question.;)

If you received a new key code, then chance are your recent payment did not renew your previous subscription: you purchased a new copy.  During a renewal, the key code does not change.

Please open WSA
Click the gear tool next to My Account
Enter they new key code you received from the recent payment confirmations in the white box provided
Click Activate

I hope this helps, but please let us know if it does not or submit a Trouble Ticket for assistance from Webroot Support.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
If I may step in here and add to what @ has said.

The fact you 'renewed twice' strongly suggests to me that you have a Best Buy Subscription Software version and you did the renewal online.  

Please note that Best Buy does NOT perform the renewals in real time as you provide payment information.  The 'receipt' you would have received following updating your payment details is NOT a receipt.

I know it LOOKS like a receipt...  and this is a VERY common complaint, but it is actually more of an Account Statement  These are VERY POORLY written in my opinion, and I have complained about it several times in the past to the managers of the Best Buy Subscription program.  It should show you the date that your card will be charged (the renewal due date).  Best Buy does the renewal billing in large daily batches, so it can take up to 48 hours for your card to be charged if your account was already in expired status.

IF you provided your payment details prior to 12:00 noon, your card is probably going to be billed in the next nightly batch, with the transaction being finalized and the renewal data transmitted to Webroot usually by around 5 or 6 AM.

IF you provided your payment details AFTER 12:00 noon, your card might not be charged until the FOLLOWING nightly batch.

This is because the actual assembling of the daily batch and credit card preautorization for the entire batch begins around 2 PM Central time, give or take a couple hours.

What I think happened in your case is that, if you do inded have a Best Buy Subscription, when you entered payment details the first time, it accepted the information and provided you with a 'thank you for the renewal' and the account statement.  When your software did not renew, I assume you then re-entered payment details ('Renewing a second time') and of course received another Account Statement and thank you for your renewal.

If you have any questions about this, you can call 1800-BEST-BUY and request to speak to Account Maintenance, but I think you will find that your renewal will have processed overnight or WILL be processed tonight depending on what time you last updated your payment details.

You might check with your credit card bank(s) to see if ANY payment transactions have been processed.  If there is a payment transaction on your credit card, the renewal has been batch processed by Best Buy.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I looked up the email address you registered on the community with, but didn't find anything in our system.  If you want to PM me your keycode, or the email address you used to register it with, I can look that up.
if i DID click renew twice, will it charge me twice or will it be recognized as a singel renewal. i cant afford a second year added to the first. i know u said 24-48, but at the time i thought i messed something up...so i entered my info and ordered twice. please tell me it doesnt charge twice 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Pulse4664,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Maybe @ will be able to look into this for you from the back office when he comes in Monday morning.

Otherwise did you renew from Best Buy or Webroot? And let them know you renewed twice.

To contact Webroot via a Support Ticket .

If you renewed through Best Buy then please contact them here 1-800.Geeksquad

For Webroot you can call Call 1-866-612-4268

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I didn't find anything under your email address either, so go ahead and call in to get it sorted out.