Solved

I'm having difficulty installing Webroot- every time I click on the file it takes me to a Webroot pa

• 27 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Difficulty with the installation process- how do you complete it?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 5 September 2016, 04:09

View original

6 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Please try the following:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (or if you have Best Buy Subscription for PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer.
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

bd

Userlevel 1
I ended up contacting the original seller, Tech2U, and they loaded it for me- however it cost a lot!  Is there a way that you can become an individual subscriber when the third party subscription runs out?  That was my intent originally.

Thank you, Sally Snell
Hi Sally,

You absolutely can become an individual subscriber and I would highly recommend that you do. This way you will be dealing with Webroot directly, including their free, award-winning support, who are much more knowledgeable than any third-party provider, in my opinion, and for far less money.

You can compare the different versions of Webroot here and decide which one is best for you. Just ask if you have any questions regarding the differences in the versions or deciding which version is best for your situation.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare

You'll want to click the Buy Now button to purchase, but you will want to wait until your current subscription is about to expire before you do.
I'm pretty sure that you will need to uninstall the old version before installing the new one as you will be getting a different keycode. This info and the easy instructions for doing so will be provided to you upon purchase via email. If you should encounter any installation issues at that time you can always ask one of us here and we will be happy to help you. :)

Hope this info helps. If you still need more information just ask and we will gladly help.

Thanks, BD

Userlevel 1
Thank you for the info'- will certainly make a note so that I can become an individual subscriber next time!
@ wrote:
Thank you for the info'- will certainly make a note so that I can become an individual subscriber next time!
You're welcome, Sally. Please come back anytime. :)

Have a nice day,
BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes as we don't like seeing users getting ripped off for support as it's free from Webroot Support with your paid subscription. If you have any issues be sure to Contact Webroot Support and not Tech2U. Anyone can resell WSA but if you get it directly from Webroot they will look after you with no extra charges.

Daniel 😠