I paid for unlimited lifetime Webroot protection. I am getting renewal requests!!!! Why???

Userlevel 1
My invoice receipt number is 01889 in the amount of $399.98 for UNLIMITED LIFETIME WEBROOT PROTECTION. Now I'm getting notices that my protection is expiring in 27 days. I haven't died (yet). What is going on? I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer support phone number or even get a reply. Please help.

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Given the price that you are quoting as paid I am guessing that you have not got WSA directly from Webroot or purchased it from Best Buy/The Geek Squad, but that rather it has come as part of a 'package' sold to you by a 3rd party company that may be professing to be a Webroot agent or partner?

If so would you be able to let us know exactly who that is?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
The receipt is from International Innovative Solutions LLC. Please don't tell me I have been ripped off!
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

I am not saying that you have, as Webroot does have a number of partners but I do not know if this is one of them. I presume that you get technical support as well as the use of Webroot SecureAnyWhere?

I have tried to look them up but can find nothing based on the name that sounds like the right company. Do you have a website address for them?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello ? and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It doesn't sound good so your best bet is to contact Webroot Directly as I never heard of a Lifetime License for sale? Also when did you purchase it? Can you post a link to the website?

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

I am going offline now (I am based in the UK) but will check this thread tomorrow. In the interim you could contact the Sales Team at Webroot to see if they can advise as to whether or not the company that you have got the deal from is a registered partner of Webroot, etc.

The contact information can be found HERE.

Whilst I am offline perhaps either ? or ? may be able to assist?

EDIT: Daniel, you must have been reading my mind...:D

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing Baldrick! This sounds all too familiar!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Nadine

I am going offline now (I am based in the UK) but will check this thread tomorrow. In the interim you could contact the Sales Team at Webroot to see if they can advise as to whether or not the company that you have got the deal from is a registered partner of Webroot, etc.

The contact information can be found HERE.

Whilst I am offline perhaps either @ or @ may be able to assist?

EDIT: Daniel, you must have been reading my mind...:D

Regards, Baldrick

Yes I always do! 😃
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
My invoice receipt number is 01889 in the amount of $399.98 for UNLIMITED LIFETIME WEBROOT PROTECTION. Now I'm getting notices that my protection is expiring in 27 days. I haven't died (yet). What is going on? I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer support phone number or even get a reply. Please help.
International Innovative Solutions INVOICE
D.B.A. Solution Center Deerfield Beach FL USA
Customer Service: (855) 724-1444
February 9, 2016 Invoice #01889
Att: Nadine
Please find below a cost-breakdown for the recent work completed. Do not delete this invoice, this is your receipt of services and products provided. In the case you may need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call the customer service line available Monday through Friday from 10am to 12AM (Midnight) US Eastern Time.
# Item Description Quantity Unit price ($) Total ($)
1 OTR (Full Tune up, repair and infection sweep) 2 99.99 199.98
2 Unlimited Lifetime Webroot Protection 2 99.99 199.98
Subtotal 399.96
Sales Tax (0%) TAXES ARE WAVED 0.00
Total 399.96
Technical Support Terms: You have 12 months of on going technical support upon services being rendered in order to guarantee quality of work. All phone calls and repair work are recorded for quality assurance. If you have this invoice you have agreed to pay the total amount shown above in a phone call recording which is stored for your protection to prevent billing discrepancies.
The charge on your billing statement will appear as 'International Innovative Solutions LLC'.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
International Innovative Solutions INVOICE
D.B.A. Solution Center Deerfield Beach FL USA
Customer Service: (855) 724-1444
February 9, 2016 Invoice #01889
Att: Nadine
Please find below a cost-breakdown for the recent work completed. Do not delete this invoice, this is your receipt of services and products provided. In the case you may need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call the customer service line available Monday through Friday from 10am to 12AM (Midnight) US Eastern Time.
# Item Description Quantity Unit price ($) Total ($)
1 OTR (Full Tune up, repair and infection sweep) 2 99.99 199.98
2 Unlimited Lifetime Webroot Protection 2 99.99 199.98
Subtotal 399.96
Sales Tax (0%) TAXES ARE WAVED 0.00
Total 399.96
Technical Support Terms: You have 12 months of on going technical support upon services being rendered in order to guarantee quality of work. All phone calls and repair work are recorded for quality assurance. If you have this invoice you have agreed to pay the total amount shown above in a phone call recording which is stored for your protection to prevent billing discrepancies.
The charge on your billing statement will appear as 'International Innovative Solutions LLC'.
Please contact Webroot as i'm not aware of them.

Home and Home Office

Purchases & Renewalshttps://tel:18666124268
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM (MST)
Sat-Sun 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (MST)
Security Serviceshttps://tel:18666124268
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Again it doesn't sound good so make sure to contact Webroot and see what they say and be ready to call your credit card company if it's a scam and get your money back. Again Contact Webroot first!

http://internationalinnovativesolutions.com/
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

From checking the link that Daniel has provided they would seem to be somewhat less than salubrious. There is no detail as to what they do and certainly no mention of being in anyway accredited by Webroot. 

Do let us know what response you get frrom your contact with Webroot, and do contact your credit card company ASAP...as recommened by Daniel.

Rather than 'overload' you with responses I will leave you in Daniel's extremely capable hands. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
? Hello, and Welcome. 

It is relevant to know how you first got to know about this company (International Innovative Solutions LLC). Did you, by chance, see some sort of a pop-up notification about them? Or via a phone call, for example?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
My hp desktop computer crashed and a message pop-up (I thought came from my internet provider, Windstream) advising me to call the number shown in the receipt.. The tech got my compuiter fixed and sold me on Webroot protection for my laptop and my desktop. That's how this mess started. I'm 77 years old and get by on social security (barely). Thanks to all for your help. I'll keep you posted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
My hp desktop computer crashed and a message pop-up (I thought came from my internet provider, Windstream) advising me to call the number shown in the receipt.. The tech got my compuiter fixed and sold me on Webroot protection for my laptop and my desktop. That's how this mess started. I'm 77 years old and get by on social security (barely). Thanks to all for your help. I'll keep you posted.
So sorry that does indeed sound like a scam to me, so I would contact your Credit Card Company a file and fraud complaint to get your money back. But please contact Webroot Support and let them do a security check and they will sort you out I will contact @ & @ and let them know so they can get you sorted quickly.

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 1
I contacted Webroot online and got no response. I cannot find a reliable phone number. The one I got on google connected me to a fast talking man who offered to clean my computers for lifetime and install Webroot on 3 PCs for 1 year with an annual renewal of $19.99. All for $249.00. He thinks hackers installed their own version of Webroot and God only knows what else on our PCs. I didn't buy it (once bitten, twice shy). Will my system crash on the expiration date??!!!! I contacted my credit card and am reporting to Better Business Bureau. Thanks for letting me vent.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

You are wise to be cautious. The official Webroot contact numbers are to be found on this web page. Do not search for any others as they are likely to be suspect in most cases.

If you do not get through then post back here and we shall ask our Community Manager if he can facilitate the connection in some way.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
I contacted Webroot and a very nice tech cleared the suspicious Webroot out. This will be my last post. Thanks everyone!
Userlevel 7
Hello ?,

This definitely sounds like a scam. The best thing to do at this point in time would be to immediately request a refund from the company in question and if they fail to comply, contact your bank or credit card company to resolve this. If you could send me a private message with more information about the company and their number I'd be happy to see what we can do as far as reporting them. I would also advise reaching out to our support team so we can take a look and make sure they have not installed anything malicious on your system. Usually they won't, but its always better to check. In the future you should NEVER call a number that pops up on your computer, or engage with anyone that calls you about computer issues. These are common scams and unfortunately quite common these days. I've provided our number and link to create a ticket below.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I also put in a note about your situation in the case notes, so that support can make sure that this situation gets documented about the company that you dealt with. They might reach out to you again for more information.
Badge +1
About unlimited time license of Webroot, this is an US seller on ebay :
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Webroot-Internet-Security-Antivirus-2017-4-Dev-Lifetime-w-flash-drive-/142516619519?hash=item212ea708ff:g:TWMAAOSwF71Zxtqv

He delivers a strange flash key ...

"So, this is lifetime license?!  That's right. Kiss yearly renewals goodbye. This product gives you protection for the life of your device, whether it's a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. It's as simple as it sounds. " 
A lot of "Webroot deities" here, but nobody seems to know about this "life time" offer:

See here:
Webroot Lifetime Antivirus for 8 Users PC or Mac
http://www.qvc.com/Webroot-Lifetime-Antivirus-for-8-Users-PC-or-Mac.product.E230168.html

Badge +1
Yes, I've just found also that offer.
There is an USB stick with "WEBROOT" mark.
Very strange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello positiveday and lifetime,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I know of no Webroot Lifetime subscription or of legit flash drive available for Webroot! You should deter dealing with anyone on Ebay selling Webroot.

Please Contact Webroot Support:
Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Also @ (Our Administrator) can give you some light on this subject.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sherry is correct and the packaging doesn't look right as they should look like one on these and with a CD! Big Scam! :@

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home

Badge +1
Frankly, if you see the eBay auction, there is a photo also of the backside of the box, where are detailed the particular conditions of that license. You can read what does it means for "Webroot lifetime protection subscription".
I doubt that a scammer can detail in that way a license.