I renewed my license on PC and Webroot says it is expired?

• 6 June 2015
  • 1 reply

I ended up uninstalling the program to reinstall again and still says the code is expired. I didnt read until i got the email that you didnt need to re-enter the code again and that it would renew itself. I just renewed it 1 hour ago. What do I do now?

I even downloaded a Free Trial to test if it was my code and it said to enter a valid keycode or contact Webroot for support.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi bap1331

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, it looks like you cannot re-entered the keycode that you are renewing until the renewal comes through (the back office) which can take anything from 2 to a few more hours.  So if I were you I would use the free trial code that you have gotten as that will provide you unrestricted protection for the trial period and then periodically try entering/activating your current (and renewed) keycode.  As soon as the renewal has 'taken' the activation will work and the renewed keycode should be in use.

To enter the keycode/attempt reactivation click on the gear/cog symbol to the righ of 'My Account' in the main panel, and on the new panel displayed you should see a field entitled 'Activate a new keycode'...enter the hopefully renewd keycode in there and click on the 'Activate' button below.  You will either be told the same as in the message in your post or that activation has been successful.

Please be patient and try this a few times over the coming day...hopefully the renewal will come through for you in no more than a few hours.

But if it does not then (i) the trial will fully protect you during the trial period and until this can be sorted out & (ii) you should Open a Support Ticket to notify Support of the issue and let them check out what issue there is with your renewal especially as you say "...got the email that you didnt need to re-enter the code again and that it would renew itself".

Please do keep us posted on your progress and please also come back if you have any further questions.

Regards, Baldrick