I renewed my webroot and now it won't install on my laptop

• 19 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello everyone! I'm new to the community.
But I have a question, I bought my HP Envy from best buy and they installed webroot there. My subscription expiered so I renewed it and webroot will not download on my laptop. Its still installed and everything but it won't renew. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but i've tried doing this about 7 times now. Someone please help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi aliciaann

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you know if Best But (The Geek Squad I presume) installed the Best Buy version or the standard Webroot version on your laptop. I believe that they sell both but they are effectively different products.

If you have the Best Buy version you will see something similar to the below in the bottom lefthand corner of the main panel:

I think that this may be mateerial to your issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hello! Thank you, but I checked to see if anything "geek squad" would pop up but when I click the question mark on the webroot box it takes me directly to the webroot site.
Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

Could you send me a private message with your full keycode so I can see the status on our end? Best Buy renewals can take up to 24 hours to take effect, just keep that in mind.
Userlevel 1
yes I will.