Solved

I've just renewed my subscription

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I've just renewed my subscription and my console shows this update..but I'm still gett the discount exclamation mark on my icon..why will this not disappear..I've closed down webroot and restarted it,,still there ..I've rebooted ..still there
icon

Best answer by bobmac 9 August 2015, 04:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bobmac

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask which version you are using; the Webroot version (purchased online or at stores other than Best Buy) or the Best Buy version?  The reason I ask is that the renewal process is different depending on the version. For what seems like a simple question, this actually ends up being a bit more complicated than you think.

Best Buy does NOT bill in 'real time'.  Best Buy does all Subscription Services (AV and Tech Support) billing in a single large daily batch.  That means when you provide your credit card information online, your card has NOT been billed yet. It will be billed as follows (i) if your subscription is NOT overdue to be renewed, your credit card will NOT be billed until the actual renewal due date or (ii) if your subscription is already past due for renewal, your credit card will be charged over the next 24 to 48 hours.  

Webroot bills in 'real time' compared to Best Buy, and if you renew before the subscription ends the additional time of the new subscription period is added to the remaining days of the current subscription, within a time period after the payment has been taken. Having said that the back office process can take a few hours to complete but certainly not as long as the Best Buy one.

I would therefore say that if you have very recently renewed then it is most likely that there is one of the delays I mentioned above; the one that is relevant dependng on the version that you are using. So I would recommend being patient and that if you have not seen the subscription change by Sunday evening you post back here and we will see if we can get someone to chase this up for you.

By the way because there can be a delay there is a grace period between actual expiry and when you are no longer protected by WSA if you have not renewed. I believe that is some 30 days, and until that period has expired you should be fully protected.

So hopefully, it is just a timing issue and you will see the issue resolved automatically very shortly.

One last thing; do check with your credit card provider and/or bank to make sure that the payment for the renewal has in fact been taken; we have had instances when the failure of that to process was the cause of the delay.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick.

I hope this helps clarify, but if not let me know!
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi Baldrick...I'm using v9.0.1.35...and I paid online and got my receipt frm webroot..my console shows the additional time OK
and everything seems normal except for this "discount exclamation mark" but I'll take your advice and see if time will correct it...thanks for your help I realy appreciate it
Userlevel 7
Hi bobmac

You are most welcome. :D

Thanks for the reply and the additional information.  There is one further thing that you could try whilst you wait and that, strangely enough, is to run a scan of your system with WSA. It has been known in the past for this to 'nudge' the subscription update as a result of the scan results getting pushed to the Cloud, etc.

A long shot but does not hurt to try...and if not then as I said before post back and we will see if we can get someone amongst the Webroot Staff who frequent the forum to make some enquiries on your behalf.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi Baldrick...looks like I solved it...I purged my quarantine cache and it went away
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Baldrick..forget my last post. I did not realise that during the quarantine deletion a scan kicked in.....so I'm back to square one
Userlevel 7
Hi bobmac

So the scan kicked off by clearing quarantine did not give the subscription status a nudge as hoped?

Regards, Solly
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi Baldrick...I think I got it cured..the exclamation mark has disappeared and the window that was causing it asking me to get a 25% discount is gone...what I did...I ran a scan as you suggested...and of course the exclamation mark disappeared while the scan was running...but this time instead of waiting till the scan had finished iI cancelled the scan and clicked out of the window..after about 30 seconds the exclamation mark came back ..but when I clicked on the icon with the exclamation mark in the system tray and opened up the windpw..the discount window was gone and showed the normal "Stay informed window" it showed the exclamation mark still against my account but all looked OK..so I right clicked on the icon in the system tray and shut down the system...when I started it up again 'BINGO" all OK no exclamation mark anywhere..hope this makes sense and thanks again for your help
Userlevel 7
Hi bobmac

I suspect that it was the scan that in your case initiated the change in status...I also suspect that the rigmarole that you went through after that would not have been necessary if you had rebooted at that point.  That sems to have been the the way it has gone for other in the past, and then again it may be that the back office systms just plain caught up with you and that as a result the status change would have come through normally, if somewhat belatedly.

But we will never know for sure.

Anyway, glad that you are sorted. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi Baldrick....after I updated my subscription this is when the exclamation mark appeared..it appeared on the webroot icon on my system tray and when I opened up the window to what I call the console ..the exclamation mark was on
My Account" and also on the information window where it normally says 'Stay informed" but this window showed '25% discount"....the rest of the information on the console was correct and the additional time was shown...I then rebooted Webroot..no  change...I rebooted my computer ...no change...I went back to my Webroot receipt for my subscription ..where it told me I didn't have to do anything else ..it did have a download button for first time download..so I thought 'what the heck" and clicked the download..all it downloaded was 803 KB which was nothing...still no change on the console..did my rebooting again still the same...I then clicked on scan and the exclamation mark disappeared until the scan was over then it was back again..I deleted all my Quarantine file...still no change...so I started another scan and halway thru I cancelled the scan and got out of webroot back to desktop..I then opened up webroot again and the discount window was gone..but still showed an exclamation mark against "My Account" ..I shut down Webroot and rebooted...all exclamation marks had gone and system was normal and has been for the last 12 hours or so...I think the key here was stopping the scan..but I'm no expert by any means but it seemed to give it the nudge you mentioned
Userlevel 7
Hi bobmac

Thanks for the further update.  Looks like this is an area that we will never really know the cause (I have seen of a similar nature with OneDrive updates, etc.) but we have listed a number of options that members withthe same issue can try as and when required in the future.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
While I as working trying to solve this...I also sent a request to Webroot Support..they got back to me after I had cleared away the exclamation marks...they told me to remove Webroot and reinstall...