Identity and phishing shield interfering with gaming

The shields are really screwing with key presses during gaming, in particular Heroes and generals. I had to disable them in order to play normally.

Deal breaker for me in regards to buying the product when the trail is done, but overall it seems pretty good.

2 replies

@ wrote:
The shields are really screwing with key presses during gaming, in particular Heroes and generals. I had to disable them in order to play normally.

Deal breaker for me in regards to buying the product when the trail is done, but overall it seems pretty good.
Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You did the right thing as a workaround, well done, but of course this should only be treated as a temporary solution as:
  1. it is compromising your security cover
  2. there appears to be a conflict between Webroot and one or more of your games that they need to be informed of and hopefully get to the bottom of
So I strongly recommend you contact Support so they can investigate further. It should be OK to do this even though you're on a trial version.

By the way, have you tried just disabling the Identity Shield? I may be wrong, but the problem you describe may be being caused by this Shield only (though it sounds like you will have already checked this—just a suggestion).
Another thought.

While you are waiting for a response from Webroot Support (don't put in a second ticket if you have to wait for a response as this is considered to be a new request that replaces the old one and you are put to the back of the queue!), you could go to Utilities (click the little cog next to Utilities) then System Control then Control Active Processes. Look to see if any files associated with the games affected are being monitored. If they are, and if you are sure they are safe, change to Allow.

This may help with your problem.