Internet Explorer

• 30 October 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Internet Explorer has stooped working. Microsoft Support has suggested removing Webroot as it might

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Good morning, welcome to the Community!

Microsoft is quite wrong.. WSA works VERY well with IE, and other browsers as well.  I do have a quick question or two though

How long have you had WSA installed?

When did the problem with IE begin?

Have you had any other AV software installed that you recently removed?
Userlevel 6
yes I agree with Circuit, Microsoft will always tell you that it is not thier product and they are wrong i have IE on my computer with webroot with no problems. I would try using another browser like Chrome or Firefox which are better browsers anyway. Also make sure you have the latest IE installed on your computer.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
yes I agree with Circuit, Microsoft will always tell you that it is not thier product and they are wrong i have IE on my computer with webroot with no problems. I would try using another browser like Chrome or Firefox which are better browsers anyway. Also make sure you have the latest IE installed on your computer.
Thank you.. I should have noted that.  IE, being a product MIcrosoft has essentially given up on in trying to keep secure as they are replacing it with Edge.  (Also a failure in my view)
Badge +1
Problem started a few weeks ago. I have the latest version of IE installed & chrom & firefox which work well. I'm not sure if it started after the latest MS update or webroot update. Any way to check this out? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
The quickest way to see if it is somehow WSA, due to it possibly not updating correctly or adjusting to any changes in IE, is to do a quick re-install.  This usually only takes a few minutes.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Let us know if that makes any improvement,
Userlevel 6
Yes again agree with Circuit that is why I try to stay away from Microsoft products as much as possible. the new Edge is just terrible lol.
Badge +1
? What sort of issues are you having with Internet Explorer? Are there any error messages? Do you have any other anti-virus installed on the computer?

I don't think that Webroot would be causing issues with your Internet Explorer but if you can provide a little more information someone here or myself can probably help guide you in the right direction to get it working again.
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Yes again agree with Circuit that is why I try to stay away from Microsoft products as much as possible. the new Edge is just terrible lol.
Would disagree with you on that big time, jhawley...I am findiing Edge a big step up on IE11 and am just loving it. ;)

Baldrick